Clio GT

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeen

Reaction score
So here i am to introduce my car. I bought it on October of 2009. We are 3 years together and I try to have it on an exhibition situation even thought this is difficult because i have the car for daily use. I have made 54000km since then. So it's time to start the mods cause i ve start to get used at it's power and steering. So i remaped it at chiptronic. The dyno results at first was 134hp before and 147hp after. That seems great but actually it was a big lie. I didn't notice a +14 difference on the road. There was a better result of course especially at 4th,5th and 6th gear but it wasn't 14 more hp. So i get to another dyno and the result was 140hp. All that with the use of 100 octane petrol. Whatever the amount wasn't big so i didn't care. After that i changed the disc plates and the pads with the turbo grooved discs and the yellowstuff pads from EBC. I wear it about 700km now and i noticed that is a little bit worse when they are cold in comparisson with the OEM and great when they are warm. I also have change the tyres dimension from 195/50/16 to 205/45/16 because there were not any good tyre in the factory dimension. Now i have the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RT. It's a soft tyre, great at rain and steering but wears quicly the sides. Another mod that i've made was the painting of the screen in the center and the handles at door, in silver, as in the center console. I'm gonna post images in order to see the car :) So the mods that i have in my mind is to change the exhaust from the manifold, to change the intake althought i ve read that this doesn't have any gain, new suspensions from Koni with Eibach springs, wheel bearings from eibach (16mm each one) and maybe new cams.

Attachments

• jeen@megara.jpg
    [email protected]
    64.4 KB · Views: 269
  • clio 4.jpg
    clio 4.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 269
  • clio 1.jpg
    clio 1.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 269
So, I am very interested now in the change of the exhaust. I have search all over the market and the only one that has a full exhaust solution is Ktec with the 4-1 manifold. But it's for Twingo! So i sent an email and they answer me that this is built on a Twingo and they dont know if it fits on the clio even thought they have the same engine. I bet it could fit but i can't risk to take it and can't be fit. So i went to an exhaust workshop and he suggest a 4-2-1 manifold with 38mm a sport HJ cat of 200 cells and a 50mm pipe. He promised about 8-10hp. I dont know if he can choose to fit a 63mm pipe like the one that ktec use. From my experience is too big for the power of the car. 197, type R and other atmos with 200hp use it. I am very confused with all of that cause i dont know what to do in the end. Which choice could be the best? I ve also think to copy the exhaust from Ktec but i cant be sure for the results because clio is longer from twingo. Any ideas guys?

nice choice! love clio GT's heres my old one, although I had a DCI
476405_2503563208836_107441118_o.jpg

I ordered mine with keyless entry, Bluetooth, steering reach adjustment, climate control

Clio looks very nice Jeen.

Martin - your passenger looks very worried in that pic

Always had a thing for the GT! I used to have a plain old 1.2 TCE ph2 mk3 and I just wanted half of the bits from one!

Although saying that, there's a numpty round my way with a blue GT (just like yours) who keeps trying to race me whenever I see him. Proper idiot driver too...

Ok, here i am again with some changes in my car. I've written that i was thinking to change the suspension with Koni suspension and Eibach springs. Finally i put the Bilstein B8 with the Eibach Springs which are lower about 3cm. Results: The car is much nicer now because it looks lower but i didn't notice any difference. It is like i had put a new factory suspension, no changes at steering or comfort. I was a little bit dissapoint. Maybe cause these suspensions Bilstein give it for simple Clios. The think is that GT wears a 15% stiffer suspension than the normal Clios, so propably this is the reason that i didn't notice any differences. Anyway i will wait until 100000km in order to change them again with a coilover, maybe Hotbits. Another change that i have done is to put the brembo brakes from 197 but at the 16" wheel. So we used a 280x28mm disc from Fiat Ducato and we change the bell with an alluminium one in order to fit at the 4x100 of the wheel. I combine it with Ferodo DS2500 pads and i used 20mm spacers in order to fit it. Great move too was the fitting of Toyo R1R tyres and the aggresive -2 degree of Camber angle. So this package gave me a totally different car which have gave me really big smiles at mountain roads.