Time for a rant

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicken

Reaction score
Why is it some members seem to have an attitude with each other all of a sudden? We're all here because we are looking to own, already own or have owned a twingo at some point. If you have an issue with something that is said please report the post or speak to one of the moderators about it. Don't start slagging each other of we are all adults here not 12 year old school kids having a fight in the playground.

Drop the whole gt vs rs / turbo vs na stuff already. We've been here before and it just results in the same thing over and over again, it's giving me a headache.

If you have items for sale stop using every other thread to try and advertise your items. If what you have for sale is not selling its most likely not wanted or overpriced, either adjust your price or just wait and see if any members come along and decide to buy from you. For example, if you had a head unit for sale and someone asks for some audio advice don't start saying "just buy my head unit it's the best there is" etc because you want it gone. Either drop your price or keep waiting for it to sell and leave other people's threads alone.

If anyone has any issues please raise them now and we can discuss it to try and resolve it if possible.

well+said+_6073076e6c932684830239b0ed4f6385.jpg

I know I waffle on sometimes but come on, some of the crap which get's posted on here (I could post a long list). The only time I've piped up regarding n/a vs turbo (which I couldn't give two hoots about) is when the same user again and again posts stupid things. Surely you can voice your opinion against stupid posts? No?

I totally agree with the items for sale bit, post your for sale thread and leave it.

And a 'thanks' button is a great suggestion, only forum I can think of that I've been on with that function is detailing world? Any way of adding that to the forum?

Friedchicken91":2o5mn042 said:
We're all here because we are looking to own, already own or have owned a twingo at some point.

Ahem. There's a few Wind owners that might take that remark as being very Twingoist. ;)

I do love rant threads. If it makes you feel better, then it's done its job - though I think that if you really want to calm down, you should play some soothing music through one of those quality head units that are for sale.

BTW, if Maggi can have a "Thanks" button, can we also have a "Like" button too? :mrgreen:

Well said, sir.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and not everyone is gonna like everything someone does to their car! Just deal with it and move on, no need to cry about it

Whilst the whole GT/RS discussion is a little bit tiresome, it's always gonna be ongoing on this forum. Regardless of what car forum you go on, there's always going to be disagreements on which model is best - I'm sure even the Abarth 500 forum have the same issue of what's better between the hard top & the soft top versions or the Focus owners club over the ST & the RS and so on. It happens everywhere.

I think we should just be thankful that in general, this is actually a very helpful and friendly car forum overall because it seems to be a running theme with car forums that the majority of people using them are arseholes. Seatcupra.net is rife with them, as is Cliosport and I'm sure a lot of the VW ones are too. I don't use CS anymore as I find there to be far too many opinionated people there, too much groupthink (i.e. if your 182 doesn't have Turinis it's rubbish etc) and power abusing mods/admins etc. We have it easy here, compared to other places.

I have a mate who used to own an Ibiza Cupra R and having posted on the Seat forum asking for help about remaps, rather than people actually helping him and giving him the advice he asked for, a huge debate erupted over which of the maps was better, and he was ridiculed because of his inexperience in the matter.

I actually hate car forums, but I do like Twingo133...

To those that have agreed thanks at least I'm not the only one.

Mark: maybe the person making these threads isn't sure on what he's asking about is worth it or not hence he asks here for any advice. This way they can get a response relative to his car and answers to things they're unsure on.

Blacktwingo-I : yes you are one of the latest to do this however others do it to so don't think it's aimed just at you.

Ollieallen: spot on, there's always someone out there that won't like what you do. If they say they don't like it why worry what they think if you like it.

Funky_d: yes it will always be on going and there has been some actual discussions on the subject but lately it's just childish and not a proper discussion/argument.
This forum is a great forum and is defiantly different to all the others I've been on.

As for the like button I doubt it will happen as its been discussed before.

I've learnt a fair bit about my car from this forum already and I've only been on here a month.

It's great to be able to sign on, ask a question and know you'll get at least one reply or solution, even if it's one you may not expect or want to hear! All the done things (like brake changes, springs etc) are explained in detail so anyone can crack on and do it at home which is brilliant and saves a dump load of cash in labor. Everyone has their own personal taste so just accept their view and move on, no need to start an argument over typed words.