Aa and coils...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maggi200

Reaction score
... So yesterday Amy felt a little rough when I went home. Packed and left for carries up the a1 and not an issue on the way.

So this afternoon i was driving to meet Carrie as she was at work. Coming onto a roundabout and there was a loud pop from th exhaust and suddenly Amy sounded like a Subaru. I pulled over and inspected the engine bay. I only checked the fluids the day before anyway as I always do before a longish trip or part of the weekly checks. All normal.

Check over the exhaust and fine. So I know at this point what it is.

Call Renault and AA sent on their way. Arrive 25 mins later whilst I moaned about it. Guy started and agreed it sounded horrid. Agreed on my diagnosis and went right ahead with changing the coil where the skuttle drips, he carries them in his van. Job done in 5 mins including diagnosis.

And running perfectly. A quick drive of carries and they feel the same again.

All in all very impressed with the way it was dealt with, funny as I was going to Renault this week to ask them to inspect the coils and replace as necessary! And I still will be to have the remaining 3 changed as I'm not happy with one 19k less use.

So that's another fallen to bad coils!

Edit
Heres why>> https://www.twingo133.net/post96761.html#p96761

bcdfb79c-f33c-0bb0.jpg

bcdfb79c-f365-f99c.jpg

bcdfb79c-f38f-cd30.jpg

Just to supplement this. I will be speaking to Renault uk to suggest it is logged as a fault with them too.

It does really need to be logged as a fault. If I wasn't under warranty replacing the throttle-body would have been bloody expensive!

Still probably getting them all checked and the plugs changed as the plug top could well be corroded leading to slightly worse firing performance on that one.

Glad it's sorted easily enough