GhostZ's Gordini RS Progress (Time to end this chapter ...)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so now lets get back on topic :D

So i wanted a new exhaust i got 2 choices at first get a K-tec one or a Supersprint system now both of these i had to order from England and ship them to Belgium resulting me putting down alot of money , although there was a 3rd option get a custom stainless steel made one from Skytune Engineering (found this guy cause of Movingshadow lolz) and its under the Dini now as we speak.

So first cut out the the heavy metal piping :D
OqVAeFw.jpg

Then he started up the engine like this, it sounded terrific like this but would not be legal on the road :mrgreen:
Kt8x5pT.jpg

bYvdH9i.jpg

Then he prepared the first litlle piece to fit the original exhaust piping (he even threw away 1 piece he made cause he was not satisfied how it looked)
pMGf0PZ

Then he fitted the piping he bended and welded it on the other piece
PY6RkO0.jpg

CVOOWVX.jpg

WqPvDeR.jpg

So then he began on the backbox first he had to see if there was enough space for the backbox itself and the twin pipe and then he started up welding it together and fitting
E53DCpj.jpg

m4ZGyfQ.jpg

kkvNtV1.jpg

CrK01tU.jpg

582YBQ2.jpg

his work is amazing and how much attention he pays to detail he had to cut in my bumper cause the twin pipes where a bit to big you cannot notice anything that he touched my bumper , i got 5 year warranty and is legal for road use with documents for MOT (its called different in Belgium but this you understand :p)

I will put up a Youtube video later on , im very busy at work all the time :x .

Nice, Skytune!

Indeed he delivers excellent work and is a very friendly guy.

I'll see him again the 21ste of March for the rest of my exhaust & I'll mention your 133 Gordini :D

Well here is the vid i promised ;) i will make a fly by vid later :p take HD 720 or 1080P
[youtube]qzQUiD54jyo[/youtube]

Il lungo":2ogeq9pg said:
cool!! if you can, how much money?
Depends what you want exactly theres no standard price for this , you have to talk with the owner of the company to come to an arrangement what you want and what is possible and then you talk prices ;)

GhostZ":3vh9imgl said:
Il lungo":3vh9imgl said:
cool!! if you can, how much money?
Depends what you want exactly theres no standard price for this , you have to talk with the owner of the company to come to an arrangement what you want and what is possible and then you talk prices ;)

sure, thanks anytime :D

So i have done the re-map of the Gordini.
Thing is you will see 2 graphs one i did with BMC panel filter and the custom exhaust but i ran it on 95 octane (Esso fuel)
The 2nd graph is done afterwards cause the tuner itself was not satisfied with the result and told me come back free of charge and put it on the dyno again after you done 4-5 tanks of 98 octane (i used Shell V-power)

546799_372311789475704_190911027615782_1099971_744501770_n.jpg

KUrWrcA.jpg

Original = P Lu.(mBar) 1023.2 | T Lu.(°C) 17.9 | DIN 0.987 | 132.3PK@6514rpm / 166.2Nm@ 4173rpm
95 Oct = P Lu.(mBar) 1022.1 | T Lu.(°C) 17.8 | DIN 0.988 | 138.7PK@6528rpm / 179.9Nm@ 4243rpm
Z7TxR5X.jpg
98 Oct = P Lu.(mBar) 1021.2 | T Lu.(°C) 22.9 | DIN 0.997 | 144.0PK@6717rpm /179.4Nm@ 4301rpm

Result = the engine response is amazing and also get more kilometers out of my fuel tank , so i am verry happy :D

A good result with the final graph, showing nice smooth gains across the mid-range which will make it much better to drive

singlespeed":8evigfsb said:
A good result with the final graph, showing nice smooth gains across the mid-range which will make it much better to drive

yes the torque is very smooth also the change when the vvt "kicks in" has changed i felt it very noticeable with the stock setup with changed filter and exhaust , but after the remap and running on 98octane i cannot wish more response or smoothness when i drive it now :)

also the tuner told me if you want you can rev up to 7200 Rpms now :eek:

Well after waiting for a while i wanted to get MOAR noise out of that awesome 1.6 engine renault made for uss so i fited the BMC CDA if you want more ROAAAAAAAR you got to get this :D

Vjr7LtY.jpg

rG8hfH3.jpg

GQSoAns.jpg

I think we need a sound clip ;) be good to hear the beast.

Especially as I'm thinking of a change

jra3d":339x8zag said:
I think we need a sound clip ;) be good to hear the beast.

Especially as I'm thinking of a change

ill try get an outside recording , will inside recording also be good i can get that faster and is somewhat safer for my camera ;) ?

jra3d":25yfp6rq said:
Either or fella. Dont risk your camera for a sound clip :)
ok i made a vid ;) inside the car also made one outside the car but the wind screws up the sound if you got beyond 70km/h (maybe i can fix it in the settings :? ) will upload later if you want

Enjoy! :D

[youtube]59mrf-lOsTE[/youtube]

Where and at what time was this taken? I've never seen the roads so empty :D

It makes an awesome growl!

I tried it earlier with mine but the sound quality wasn't too great..

MovingShadow":3anwhcvr said:
Where and at what time was this taken? I've never seen the roads so empty :D

It makes an awesome growl!

I tried it earlier with mine but the sound quality wasn't too great..

wet highway as you can see and on a saturday around 3:00 a.m. ;)