Intercooler Thread

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar

Reaction score
it's about time we got a proper intercooler thread created so that we don't need to troll through peoples progress threads and confuse the life out of new members who aren't too mechanically minded.

so let's talk intercoolers.

specifications for the twingo gt & wind gt are as follows

pipe size : 50.8 mm (2 inches)
maximum length : 763 mm (30 inches)
reducers may be required for your chosen intercooler, below i will show you an example on how to work this out

this is a mishimoto z line, it is 28" (711 mm) x 7.5" (190.5 mm) x 2.5'' (63.5 mm). to fit this onto your twingo you will need to order https://www.txautosport.co.uk/2---25--51mm---63mm-4-ply-silicone-reducer-joiner-122-p.asp
aswell as
https://www.txautosport.co.uk/25-63mm-aluminium-universal-pipe-kit-399-p.asp

mmint_uzb.jpg

the installation isn't too technical. it's a simple problem solving issue on where to route the piping, and you will need to drill two holes to mount the intercooler on the front cross member.

to all the dudes who have done intercoolers already, can you please show us some of your intercooler installs so that we have something in the one place. thanks guys!

best of luck, it's a fairly easy install just a little time consuming as mike will tell you

Heres a quick picture guide to how i went about it.........

buy,prep or paint you new intercooler.....

whip your bumper off.......

cut, chop, pull, twist, bend and snap this lot off

find the centre of the slam bar and messure outwards then drill you holes for the brackets. pop it on and double check its dead centre.

choose your route, cut pipes to size (best to over cut an inch or two than to under cut and render the pipe useless)

make sure everything is super tight to ensure no leaks and most importantly you wont want to take your bumper back off next week because you didnt do it 1st time round.

bumper back on and jobs a gooden.....

stand back admire all the cuts to your hands and arms and crack open a beer as you have done a bloody good job and managed to get you bumper back on! :D :D :D

i love you mike ''whip your bumper off ....'' then straight below it BANG TIDY! i actually lol'd my dog looked at me all NIGGAA WUTTTTT ? :D

Haha certainly wasnt bang tidy on that day it was more "bang" bang" *puts hammer down, that'll do it'll be ah reet!!!

MovingShadow":7katxbr6 said:
Mine was easier and stealthy:-D

8umu3ydy.jpg

Very old thread but does anyone know anything about an upgrade side mounted intercooler.

rdstars":20547tot said:
Very old thread but does anyone know anything about an upgrade side mounted intercooler.

The sidemount upgrade was a one off/prototype done by Ktec. There's a chance if you message them they might be able to remake one but I can't imagine it'll be cheap

Hi,

I didn't reivented the wheel with FMIC, but for the record i shall post my struggle.

I've made brackets for FMIC from 10mm steel plate (bended and drilled) which i welded to the front crossmember:

Then I've routed the pipework:

Whats needs to be said is that it is a really tight fit. You need to cut and grind a lot of the front bumper to be able to re-mount it :) Just take time - try the bumper on, cut some and repeat till it will fit.

There is weak link in the hole setup - plastic intake pipe from throttle body to factory IC. 51mm silicone coupling wraps around it because of different diameters. I will be addressing this issue as next - I need to make a new flange for a TB to be able to route a set of 51mm inner diameter piping (and also get rid of the factory IAT sensor for a aftermarket Bosch sensor for planned mod to a SA ECU).

WOW how long is your pipe run!

fit a clio tce turbo outlet pipe and it will direct it to the other side of the intercooler allowing you to go in one side and out the other, also deleting about 2 meters of pipe work for you!