First Trackday

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jminkley

Reaction score
I've been thinking of doing a trackday in the near future. I'm only 18 and it will be my first one. Thinking of either Donington or Cadwell as they're both fairly close.
Wondering what people think of trackday insurance and whether or not it's worth.

Hello... Trackdays are an absolute hoot, doesnt matter if its your first or your 1000th its a great way to see what your car can really do...

As far as trackday insurance goes....Can you afford to replace your Car in cash ????? ... if the answer is NO, you need insurance.. Remember its just like the road, an accident can happen and its NOT always your fault...
With a good trackday company you will have the confidence that if someone is being a "wally" they will be dealt with... The only accidents I have seen on track have been for 2 reasons...
1,Component failure... lack of preparation or asking a car to do too much.
2,Driver failure, either in your car or the one heading towards you....

If its your 1st , I would say Donington is your best bet, lots of run off area, the whole circuit is on CCTV , Nice and wide and even if something goes wrong you can usually go around the problem without leaving the track..
Cadwell is awesome but does have 2 sections where , IF you go off, it's going to hurt... A LOT....

either way, start slow and build up your confidence and most of all, ENJOY IT..

done thousands of laps around Donny so if you wanted I would be happy to pop up, say Hi , and have a few laps with you..

Thanks for the advice. I keep looking to see if dates are getting added. Could do with one around Easter. What would you recommend in terms of setting up the car

IF its your first day... make sure you empty out everything you do not need... (so nothing flys about) .3/4 tank of fuel, top up at 1/4 tank. Make sure you have 4 good tyres and brakes and your oil and coolant is on max ... check your tyre pressures after a good run (take a small gauge with you)... Have regular breaks.. as the car can usually do more than you can at 100% concentration....
Donny about 6 laps is good and shouldnt overheat the tyres or brakes...
Cadwell... maybe 4 laps until you get into it ...
Always use the 1st/2nd laps to warm up yourself AND the car...
once you get a good run stay out longer ...

sullii94":33t0vlmj said:
What sort of quotes are you getting for insurance at 18??
can't say I've looked yet but I'll get one soon and I'll post it.

I'm looking to go to the Nurburgring in May. 100 Euros for 4 laps. I'll be nearly 23 with 5 years ncb. Looking for track day insurance. Anyone know of any good places to go?

Not many places will cover the Nurburgring with trackday cover unless its a closed event.