Super Sprint Knockhill

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Reaction score
Thought about heading up on the 20th to go watch and find out details as the old man want to compete, any one else attending ?

What time does it kick off?
At the moment, the weather looks like it could be decent :) could be tempted.

8 o'clock opens i think, 9 - 9:30 for track time then comp opens afterwards.

might stick the twingo on the track

hoping to find out what class my twingo would come under, seems it may out under the modified section due to exhaust being completely different. unless i can just state its the 4-2-1 system from the R2, i could get away without a full MSA roll cage. Also believe AST adjustable mounts my also class against it being a slightly modified car =/

https://msauk.org/uploadedfiles/msa_forms/bluebooks/14/325_336_Specific_Regulations_for_Sprints_Hill_Climbs_and_Drag_Racing(S).pdf

Skip through to page 330 for road going class rules... Note the bit in red for engines and the mention of induction/exhausts being free. The road going series doesn't need a roll cage. You can have one, and its recomended, but its not essential for the class.

Having most of the interior out, I would be in the road going modified series where a minimum half cage of loop and stays is mandatory.

Hopefully if that's the case will just get a bolt in 4 point off Ktec :) and keep the harness bar in.
Speaks to regs people when we're down there. Friends husband is running the baby blue and Orange GT-R :)

A bolt in will still need spreader plates welding in to pass scrutenering, as they stop the legs punching holes through the floor pan. 120mmx100mm or equivalent area if i remember correctly. regs for mountings and minimum requirements of spreader plates are in the book

Well guys, how was it?

The weather was SWEEET! I ended up Marshalling at airsoft unfortunately.

I'll be there for the Time Attack if you fancy a meet :)

was good to see owners with some balls taking there 80k plus stock cars and pushing them as hard as they could :D

Although was a bit of a downer watching the hot hatches on track , hopefully next time will be on the track :D

It was good to see the different between cars being used, the 100% stock cars are a Ferrari Italia (i believe ) and Porsche and GT-R. rest of them regardless of power were pure track cars. Managed to take to the MSA at the end to find out what group a twingo would be in and under and with what modifications would put you in what class.
I think Neil was happy induction and head work was freely allowed on all classes :D. And would need a 4 point bolt in as a minimum for safety.

bit of research is needed to to find out how much a B pillar loop can be made for :D

and for £180 to compete in the sprint, you do get our moneys worth to be honest

That's good Orb :) I saw the Italia on the Facebook Feed and then again on the way home, still stickered up and all :)

Will probably look at making the next SLS event, got some good pics last time I was up. Doune Hill Climb was also on this weekend, which is odd...some of the Single Seaters and like would have been at home in SLS. That and the 930bhp Twincharged Evo 5!!

seems the rules are a LOT more rigid then Time Attack. was expecting to see a lot more of those cars at the event. Only one car had some extreme aero.

old mans just trying to get ahold of renault now to see the cost of the b pillar loop for their twingo r1.
If anyone has left their trim in and hasn't changed the top mounts, you can compete without a role cage or harness :D It seems a lot safer then your standard track day too

Seeing a post on 133.net via facebook and the poster mentioning getting a roll cage through a company i haven't heard from, i've dropped them an email about the twingo mk 2 roll cage.

The company is called Wiechers, and they do a 4 and 6 point cage. I believe they may have been the ones that make ktecs bolt in cages to existing car points for the twingo and clio models. $350/700 is the rough price

I've asked them for any pictures and for those looking at Sprints/track if they can make them to MSA specs. It seems the steel is the right stuff, just have to see about the bolting

https://www.tunershop.co.uk/xt/index_shop.php?&cPath=1700&hersteller=34&modell=104228

cant make it this weekend. Gutted :(

love to see the time attack cars