Few pics of my silverstone

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some new wheels size my tyres were bald:
6a23f8de3141508c2191fd5fa594a5d5.jpg

c0fd76a8f25e5539fe65b093d143b9e0.jpg

85d5334c1ac48132fed59fd9af859132.jpg
Tomorrow it's booked in to get it's alignment checked out as well as went over a fairly big stone so best to check since I have new tyres as well.q

Also to answer the question about the Rarb even though quite late, seems good, can I massively tell if it has made a difference not really. But that isn't to say it hasn't as like I said it went on with a few other parts so can't quantify it. Sorry if that ain't the most enlightening answer!

That's alright. I was planning on trying it but I think I'm looking at moving on, it's not really the weather to buy one and give it a try, or to justify for a short while.

Which Michelins have you gone for? I can't quite make out the markings on the phone. They look 16" too?

Yeah I get what you mean. Since I rarely drive that far and most is commuting it probably isn't really needed for me but looks cool at least haha.

They're Michelin pilot sport 3's and yes 16's, very good spot. Also I noticed my standard tyres had cracked a little, which has happened on previous continentals I have had but thought they had sorted that. Not ones I would buy again like.

Are they also 195/45r16? I paid £65 a Corner including vat plus fitting for the Conti sport contact 3 in that size, how did they compare?

The 16" is easy to spot, the sidewall is like twice the height!

Yeah that's the size they are. No real opinion as they arrived quite late and by the time I had got back to my parents garage where my tools are and got them fitted it was quite late and frozen so didn't get to see what they are like. And with wanting to check the tracking wasn't wanting to push them yet. Should have a better idea next week after tracking has been checked though. They were 87 quid each fitted and balanced into the alloys though but since I bought it as a package deal possibly could find them cheaper though.

But from what little driving they have had I feel the ride is nicer, the extra bit of sidewall helps make it a less rough ride compared to standard size.

Wee update recently, got a bit of a knocking develop on the back left, hoped it would be a bush since it is still in warranty but after a look, it appeared to be the dampener so ordered a new one from bc.

It arrived yesterday but never managed to fit it due to working a bit later but got it fitted today, when I lifted up the boot after I removed the dampener oil everywhere so at least it confirmed that it was mullered. Replacement dampener was 100 so not great but not to bad and was quite quick to arrive since it had to come from the factory like.