anyone with a cup with no AC ???

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmc

Reaction score
alright people has anyone got a none AC RS?? if so do you happen to have a picture of the aux belt set up etc as im thinking of removing mine or making an adapter to try and lower the alternator slightly mabe lower by about 30mm??

cheers!!!

I don't think you will get one from above engine bud I had a thread up before and that had pics from above engine they were helpful ish but need one from side as if someones had engine out I can find one anywhere only one I can find is with AC :(

okay managed to download the r2 catalogue too and its same bracket looks like ill have to get something made:(

yeah that's it maggi im determined to get them to fit! everything would have worked before if it wasn't for the height of that alternator grrrrrr!

benmc":3413mjwa said:
okay managed to download the r2 catalogue too and its same bracket looks like ill have to get something made:(
Is there anything usable on the early Laguna era engines?

Or get one made with the alternator dropped and a Rotex where the Aircon pump was :cool:

singlespeed":3ue7cy2u said:
benmc":3ue7cy2u said:
Is there anything usable on the early Laguna era engines?

Or get one made with the alternator dropped and a Rotex where the Aircon pump was :cool:
haha that would be cool but id worry with the compression ratio on these things plus I think the power your putting out is substantial enough!! haha just want to have the 197 inlets on aswell :p I just don't get how the belts work with the air con removed on diagrams of engine it looks like it sould catch on a smaller pully :\

just double checked the r2 drawings the actual pump is gone but a pull and mouting is still there and you would need it :( cant see how could change this tbh :\

https://ecatalog.renaultsport.com/rallye/TwingoR2/rst/RSentree.htm -

With the alternator, pump pulley and auxbelt crank pulley all in fixed positions, the tension is mainteined by the tensioner (blue). To keep the same layout, you would need an idler pulley to replace the pump (red)... Or, make the altenator movable to allow tensioning of the belt and remove the pump and original tensioner

Yea that's what I mean :( could maybe drop both slightly depending how much clearance is there like I say only 30 mil ish have to look at options still I'm in no rush though got other things can put money to first I.e what me and you spoke about Neil

I haven't measured the size of the original alternator, so just an idea. Would a small Brise sized alternators help? One of the Daihatsu Charrade motors uses the same size alternator which is a Nippon Denso unit and can be found quite a bit cheaper if you don't need 95A
https://www.brise.co.uk/alternators.html

Ill give them an email seen some of there stuff and looks good!