Heater, airflow and aircon controls.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moomin_Man

Reaction score
In my silverstone i have these awful dated looking dials to control heat, airflow and aircon.
Twingo_Interior.jpg

Can you install these instead quite easily? They look more modern to me, but if they were, wouldn't they be in the later 133's? Or is it a facelift feature?
twingo-interior.jpg

you have manual aircon actuators. the other picture shows automatic climate control where all the flaps and the fanspeed is actuated using motors. so I think it's not that easy to swap.

I have the second one in my 2009 model GT so its not a new thing, could be fitted i suppose?

Yeh, they are no doubt simpler, just thought it was odd that the silverstone was being sold to me as "Full Fat" and the only choice if wanted all the best bits, cup pack/chassis but with the good speakers and air con...half expected the climate control too :p

they both have beige coloured lower parts of the interior which I believe is pre 2009 models so it's not a newer model thing

The lower pic is automated climate control rather than just plain air-con.

Whatever it is, all i have ever done on it is press the red button when im cold till its at 27 , the blue one when im hot down to 15 haha! i should use it properly i think :) Aircon used about 3 times in my ownership for no longer then a couple of mins.

Yep, as others have said it's the controls for the Climate option as opposed to the standard air-con. There's a lot of extra gubbins you'd have to fit if you wanted the climate control panel to work. Think it was Turbo that said it quite some time ago...

From a previous thread https://www.twingo133.net/topic2143.html...

Sharpy":3jttyll1 said:
Just wondering if you can change the manual air con controls (the dials) if you know what i mean, to the digital ones?
these ones?
controls.jpg

let me know :D

TURBO":3jttyll1 said:
in a word, no!!

its not imposs but the digital ones (pictued) have mixer motors,electric flaps, temp and position sensors etc etc

DrDrew":2fantulj said:
Yep, as others have said it's the controls for the Climate option as opposed to the standard air-con. There's a lot of extra gubbins you'd have to fit if you wanted the climate control panel to work. Think it was Turbo that said it quite some time ago...

From a previous thread https://www.twingo133.net/topic2143.html...

Sharpy":2fantulj said:
Just wondering if you can change the manual air con controls (the dials) if you know what i mean, to the digital ones?
these ones?
controls.jpg

let me know :D

TURBO":2fantulj said:
in a word, no!!

its not imposs but the digital ones (pictued) have mixer motors,electric flaps, temp and position sensors etc etc

Well, it's not plug and play then xD
Have to give it a miss!
Thanks for the advice all :p

maggi112":2v8tjweb said:
Could colour code them?

DSC05624.jpg

DSC05615.jpg

DSC05614.jpg

DSC05613.jpg

Makes a nice change and lifts the interior very slightly, even if they still seem a little fisherprice compared to the climate controls

Have considered this, do they just pull off? I might replace them completely with some brushed steel amp knobs. Could also get a sheet of brushed steel cut and etched with markings and stick over original face behind dials. More effort and money but different!

look nice in white !!

personnaly i prefer manual air con
look more racing style ^^

jonnytdi":16f189m1 said:
Who needs AC when its hot, take off your jumper, if you still hot carry on striping or move to scotland!!! :roll:
Lol this cracked me up :)

Thanks, them tips come from owning a very hot and stuffy 205 with no AC, drivers window only went half way and passengers wouldn't open at all, sooooooooo hot when i went to France!!! :oops: (going red in the heat lol)