I've gone all German....

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
Well I was looking for a replacement for my Megane 225 Trophy. I wanted something faster, bigger, comfier and more luxurious. After considering and doing my homework on M cars I was advised that The CLS AMG was within my price bracket.

I stretched the budget a little as this particular example came up that I couldn't turn down!

She's a 2007 with 17,000 miles on the clock :doublesho Has a 6.2ltr V8 which makes 507bhp and 465lbs of torque. It has a few options ticked, I believe the seats and satnav were extras. I'm not aware of the original options though but it's got tonnes of features which I am still figuring out.

Here she is the day I picked her up....

AMG%20-%201_zps8h6udhxs.jpg

IMG_0725_zpspmrzoaup.jpg

AMG%20-%202_zpsacjkgegf.jpg

AMG%20-%203_zpssme2zlq5.jpg

IMG_0719_zpspwafpipz.jpg

AMG%20-%205_zpsxwskrst8.jpg

Another reason why I was so keen on the car is that my friend (who's father in law was selling), is a professional detailer. So I know the car has been meticulously cared for and is currently coated in Gtechniq products. I believe it has C1 and EXO on the paintwork, G1 on the glass and Smart Fabric on the carpets.

All I have done so far is give the interior a once over, mainly for the sake of it rather than a need for it. So I wiped all the leather down with a damp microfiber, gave any matt plastics a wipe with some Autoglym Rubber & Vinyl Care and gave it a vacuum.

AMG%20-%204_zpsjq4s6rkz.jpg

The car has these very nice AMG mats but also a set of rubber protective floor mats, hence these are so mint. Even the boot has a protective liner fitted!

Interior%202_zpsssdraygp.jpg

Interior%201_zpsmsgkothg.jpg

Interior%204_zps2ckemvpa.jpg

I can honestly say you don't appreciate your car until you clean it yourself. Having been over each part of the interior you begin to appreciate the attention to detail and little features you just wouldn't spot if you let someone else do it.

This weekend I'm hoping to get outside and give the outside a once over, possibly a spray with some Gyeon Wetcoat and get some better exterior pictures.

All I can say is I'm absolutely loving everything about the car (except maybe fuel consumption but it's worth it). Roll on the weekends washing!

Well at 33 I decided I needed a bit of luxury in my life haha

Something to be said about wafting around in something so luxurious but still has something that marks it as a bit mental and out there. So it's got marmite looks and a huge engine. That'll do nicely.

Plus it's probably one of the best examples of this model.

Holy crap! That's a pretty nice upgrade you've got there! I think I can spot some dirt on those alloys ;)

I bet it's nice to know that you're pretty much going to be one of the fastest cars on your average drive!

I had a result with this bad boy, it was owned by a good friend of mine's father in law. This friend of mine (who I believe has been on here) is a professional detailer so has looked after the car from the moment he bought it.

Had only done 12k up until 2013, then the chap I bought from put 5k on it since. Nice thing is the car has been treated to Gteqniq products so it's fully protected, carpets the lot. I'll give it a clean at the weekend though and get some pictures with my proper camera (not iPhone).

In terms of driving, it's fantastic to know you have 500bhp under your right foot. At the same time it's not a tear away so you find yourself wafting. I've only been out a few times since I got it as I don't drive it daily but it feels like an occasion even more than a 260bhp hot hatch does.

Couple of snaps of the engine bay...

IMG_6503_zpsyeljysf7.jpg

IMG_6505_zps2cx29gof.jpg

Hand crafted by some chap who's name I can't pronounce but well done that man!

IMG_6504_zpsgxjpk456.jpg

Man, that's a beauty my dad owned the C63 and fell in love with it.

That's completely spotless! I wish my engine bay looked like that... Both the cleanliness and the engine wise :lol:

Dubz":17035ktk said:
That's completely spotless! I wish my engine bay looked like that... Both the cleanliness and the engine wise :lol:

I can't even see any dirt around the fan area, that's mint.

Part the reason I bought it. I've seen the detailing thread my friend put up on the car on a Merc forum and he went to town on it. Engine bay, lights, grilles off, wheels off, corrected, protected the lot.

I'm just itching to give it a once over with my own hands though. You get more familiar with a car and it's quirks and features when you detail it yourself!

Alex_225":j0yhyn7s said:
Part the reason I bought it. I've seen the detailing thread my friend put up on the car on a Merc forum and he went to town on it. Engine bay, lights, grilles off, wheels off, corrected, protected the lot.

I'm just itching to give it a once over with my own hands though. You get more familiar with a car and it's quirks and features when you detail it yourself!

cars not yours until you have given it a good clean yourself :)

Yeah I must agree. I mean don't get me wrong, it's not like this hasn't been given proper care but until you go over it yourself you don't get an appreciation for the car.

Even going over the interior you appreciate the attention to detail and in a car like this, there really is a lot of that. Things like the felt lined glovebox and (unused!) ashtrays in the rear doors which are leather covered. You'd miss all those bits if you just used it as a car and nothing else.

Same goes for the aesthetics of the outside of the car or in this case the sheer size of the thing haha.

Well since I'm lurking back on here, I thought I'd pop a little update on here with some fresh pics.

Merc1%201_zpsbmt659kd.jpg

DSCF3079%201_zps6chzxmiy.jpg

DSCF3074%201_zpskep6ffle.jpg

DSCF3072%201_zpsvqhnkjnl.jpg

Engine1%201_zpsdpu40qq4.jpg

AMG%20-%204_zpsjq4s6rkz.jpg

Not many changes made to the car, found a neat little tweak to the Command system that changes the splash screen from this -

CommandMerc_zpsdmzgw5qu.jpg

To what it should read

CommanedAMG_zpsv5xxxhur.jpg

Also decided to treat the car to a new number plate as well. I have X666 ALX on my Megane 225 which I was bought by my parents for my 21st. Well I have a little girl called Roxie so only fair she has something to inherit when she gets her first car.

749EB437-DA2D-41FD-9027-FA4A74209A32_zpsi1fhnfkk.jpg

I opted for legal pressed plates, which I'm really pleased with although they need the frame to make them fit the mountings on the back of the car. Well without drilling them that is.

3BF45054-9352-41A6-AF60-2C2FC179AD6F_zps8tx5vfvj.jpg

flowerpowerdave":ko2gx3yu said:
absolutely f##king awsome!!

Why thank you!

It's probably the only car I've owned where everyone who's seen it has liked it.

Whether it be for the overall looks, luxury element or just the mental engine under the bonnet.