Hi Gordini RS133 Cup in Kent

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C7JPE

Reaction score
Hi. After looking around for nearly 6 months, I bought a 30k miles Gordini RS133 Cup from a former Twingo133net member in September this year. It cost quite a bit compared to other 5 year old models - but I knew the car I wanted (either a Twingo Gordini Cup or a Silverstone Cup edition) and it was worth the wait - its greeeaaaaaaaat.

A bit of fetling: wheel refurb, and timing belt and waterpump service (for piece of mind after 5 years and 34,000miles), wheels off clean under the arches and floorpan and Waxoyling a few vulnerable bits underneath before the salt goes down this winter (sorry I'm fussy and a bit OCD I know); and its up and running as a fun local run about. Tehcnically its a stop-gapfor a year but this Twingo is the small car I've always wanted to try. I must say it's a nice car with a big car feel to chassis and suspension .

After a string of 'practical' vehicles and big 4x4 tow cars: the little Twinny mk.2 reminds me quite a bit of the fun I used to have in my 205 1.9 GTI back in the late '90s. I suppose Twingo RS is more like the 1.6 GTI 205 (if only Renault could have squeezed the ClioSport 2.0L in with a 6 speed box), but it does also remind me of the VW Lupo GTI with a similar twin cam 1600cc motor - another great little hatch (although the Lupo TDi Sport I ran until recently was an equally sporty and fun car with a few minor mods., even if it didn't look as nice as the lovely GTI Lupo), anyway, back to Twingos and: (pic here, sorry I'm new to this) ....https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByuGR_DCy-0DcHVQS3podXZpTlE/view?usp=sharing

I recently acquired a used set of 15" ex-Megane alloy wheels (with the correct off-set), for use with winter tyres, and having those free'd up the original 17" wheels for a spot of refurbishment (as that was the only thing letting my car down when I picked it up). The diamond cut wheels look lovely new, but are not very practical in such a low profile wheel so I'm afraid I've gone nearly as impractical with gloss white on both my summer 17's and winter 15's now - job done and at least they will be easy to touch-up with white paint stick in future.

To make my life that little bit easier on the cleaning front in winter - I have fitted a set of Car-flow brake dust guards I've had on the shelf in the shed for about 10 years. Okay - they don't look pretty close up - but they do the job of containing the brake dust. Yes I know the brakes could over-heat and fade when pushing on, but I've ducted some more air to the back of the wheels that should help with this, but they are a winter fix really, I don't intend to use them with the original 17" wheels in the summer. (pic here, sorry I'm new to this) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByuGR_DCy-0DYnRBcWxXNXducFE/view?usp=sharing

PS I'm also on the hunt for a Twizy rolling chassis with a knackered battery and/or motor - as I have plans to fit a 600cc bike engine to one at some point (as that is something else I do) - so if anyone see's a Twiz up for grabs at a scrap dealer, dealership or auction let me know, thanks. You will be pleased to hear I've no such plans for the Twingo RS as I'm pretty happy with the package supplied with the standard car - its really neat and nice and I wish more manufacturers still made small sporty hatchbacks like the Twingo. I reserve judgement on the mk.3, but for me the mk.2 is just right.

Hi welcome

good point to put Waxoyling ! (especially in england where car rust on sight )