Coolant hose replacement.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

singlespeed

Reaction score
I've got a coolant hose kit to fit. If it didn't start peeing down, after getting the air box out of the way and it would probably be on now :( Hopefully it will be dry tomorrow

Am I right in thinking theres only two bleed points? One on the hose going to the heater matrix and another on the plastic casting at the left hand side of the engine.

Silicone hoses are crap magnets at the best of times, so white would be too high maintainance to keep clean.

Fitting the new hoses was quite easy, as they are a good fit, as per expectation :)

Only use quality jubilee clamps which have nice smooth edges and a solid band. Don't use the type which have the screw thread cut all the way through the band, as when your tightenning them, they will cut into the hose

However getting the hose clips off the originals was a right pain in the ar**. After spending 15 fruitless minutes trying to get the one at the bottom of the radiator, I decided to take the bumper off which then had the clip off in a minute once I could get some grips on it. Taking the bumper off actualy made the job quite a bit easier as you can then unbolt the expansion tank to give some extra working room for working around the hoses on the R/H side.

I also disconnected the battery -ve lead and wrapped a cloth around the terminal to make sure it didn't touch again... The hoses on the R/H side run past the alternator and starter solenoid so theres a chance of hitting the live terminal with a wrench, which would have been interesting :?

Alternator live (red) cable visible here below expansion tank.
5811920174_7d880824ee_b_d.jpg

Heater hoses, with bleed point in upper hose.
5811922520_8cf35ca27f_b_d.jpg

All back together with the Samco intake hoses installed too.
5811924434_723552fedf_b_d.jpg

5811925370_7cff9ba8cb_b_d.jpg

It took just under 5 litres of coolant to refill the system and 3 hours from start to finish (including taking the bumper off/on, cleaning up, taking pics, test drive and leak check)

Monster Detail":3d6b2z0c said:
They look cool, mate. A nice upgrade. Is there any physical benefit to them, or is it just aesthetic?
there won't be any performance gain from the coolant hoses, however they will withstand heat and pressure better than the rubber hose, also no age cracking.

The intake hose is smooth inside, unlike the corugated original. So better airflow may give a slight gain at the top end of the revs

singlespeed":2bk31dyh said:
Monster Detail":2bk31dyh said:
They look cool, mate. A nice upgrade. Is there any physical benefit to them, or is it just aesthetic?
there won't be any performance gain from the coolant hoses, however they will withstand heat and pressure better than the rubber hose, also no age cracking.

The intake hose is smooth inside, unlike the corugated original. So better airflow may give a slight gain at the top end of the revs

Sounds cool. I didn't expect performance gains, lol.

Airbox goes in? It is in the pictures or do you mean you replacing it with a performance one?

Replacement filter BMC CDA is on it's way... along with most of the Supersprint exhaust as the front pipe is still at the factory :(

Neil im not sure on them type of induction kits but feel free to prove me wrong i dont think they do any thing to gain BHP and are a bit noisy

as mentioned, getting to a couple of the original hose clips was difficult, but so much easier with the bumper off.