Problem with RS

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robc1985

Reaction score
Got a problem and curious to what it could be. Service and engine management light came on because the car was losing power. It was holding back and not accelerating. Also it was back firing.

Took it to a garage (2 days out of warranty!) who cleared the error and said the lambda sensor had registered a problem so light came on. Ran emissions test and all was fine.

Took home. Came on again! Losing power and holding back. Gonna take back to garage Tuesday. Gutted really. Any ideas What's wrong. I'll cry if it's the cat

I remember a similar post to this before.

Was something to do with an oxygen sensor or a spark plug iirc.

maggi112":2vcp13ky said:
Just reread it, and if the sensor had an error, sounds like that :p

He mentioned replacing the lambda might sort it. Was Just after other ideas. I thought spark plug and dreaded coil

Thanks though!

maggi112":3jx55e94 said:
Not an Uncommon issue. My coil packs were replaced along with all 4 sparks under warranty. Sounded like a Subaru with no drive when it packed in.
Wouldn't have minded but warranty expired 2 days before!

Call Renault customer services. They are very helpful. Explain it's just out. I found they where goin to give me the parts, then they realised I had 2 days left on warranty do are doing it anyways. Just play it saying your very unhappy etc.

something ignition related causing a misfire and then unburned fuel is causing the lambda to show a fault.

my order to inspect/replace would be...
1.Coil pack
2.spark plugs

Martin_172":1l869qyg said:
something ignition related causing a misfire and then unburned fuel is causing the lambda to show a fault.

my order to inspect/replace would be...
1.Coil pack
2.spark plugs
Getting a New Tyre from garage who inspected it other day. Will call Renault too and say I'm pi$sed that it's broke two days after warranty!!!

Update. Took it to ind. Dealer Thurs who cleared warning. Fecker came back on.

Then today immobilliser kicked off! So called Renault and went mad. They're gonna do work and as a gogw will pay towards it. Will let know what outcome is

Sorted. Needed New oxygen sensor. And Renault being kind souls have offered to pay 85% of it. Top result!