Dealer not fixing my car

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twingo16

Reaction score
I'd like to name and shame a company and that is my own Renault garage they are absolute arsehole I had a sub fitted int me car and one they I went to my car and it wouldn't open so I manually opened it and tryed starting it and that didn't work. So I got the AA to take it to my local dealer a.c Williams and they had it for the day and they blamed it on my sub cus it had put to much power through a computer in the glove compartment so I payed £200 for what i fort they fixed my car. Three days after it broke agen and now it has gone another further three more times so last time I went to Renault kicking of and they sed they couldn't find owt wrong so I don't know what to dO cus it could go wrong agen cus AA sed it could have a loose wire or broken wire going to the computer :(

u will find that a main dealer wont want anything to do with a car that has problems that may b linked to a non standard item.
u could start be removing the sub/wiring and then see if it still happens-if it does take it back to the dealer and book it in.
u could also contact renault customer services and moan about the service u have received.

it sounds like u have a battery drain somewhere

Twingo16":31wqr8nn said:
I'd like to name and shame a company and that is my own Renault garage they are absolute arsehole I had a sub fitted int me car and one they I went to my car and it wouldn't open so I manually opened it and tryed starting it and that didn't work. So I got the AA to take it to my local dealer a.c Williams and they had it for the day and they blamed it on my sub cus it had put to much power through a computer in the glove compartment so I payed £200 for what i fort they fixed my car. Three days after it broke agen and now it has gone another further three more times so last time I went to Renault kicking of and they sed they couldn't find owt wrong so I don't know what to dO cus it could go wrong agen cus AA sed it could have a loose wire or broken wire going to the computer :(

I had the same prob on my extreme If it unlocks the deadlock then stops try this. If you look in the fuse box theres is a 5 amp fuse. Take it out then put it back it back in as it resets sumin.

Mr aa man taught me this with his computor :) I have a sub but dowt it has anything to do with it. Not saying this is 100% guarenteed and i dont take responsibility for anything else going wrong but this is what i was told to do by the aa. Has worked all 5 times for me :S really should go to my dealer tho.

Yeh when I had to pay £200 I took my sub out and then it kept going wrong and then they blamed my battery contector was loose when it wasn't so now it keeps going wrong I dont know what to do :( any ideas and I wud love phone numbers to ring

Twingo16":3qya3wf7 said:
Yeh when I had to pay £200 I took my sub out and then it kept going wrong and then they blamed my battery contector was loose when it wasn't so now it keeps going wrong I dont know what to do :( any ideas and I wud love phone numbers to ring

Did you try pulling that fuse out when it does it or are you not risking it?
Also are you going to any meets as if were at the same one i can show you on my car :)