New car - volvo c30 t5

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 980

Reaction score
(scroll down for photos)

finally found a car to replace the twingo

I've just put a deposit down on a volvo c30 t5 :D 2.5 turbo

I've gone for the se lux model which has all the gadgets. Im not bothering getting the bumpers etc painted to match the body colour when I'll be replacing them with the rdesign kit anyway

Just got to wait for the private reg to come off so a week or two wait

There's loads to choose from.

I'll try and resist for a few months. Why spend a few thousand on the twingo just for a slight increase in power.

I will definitely will get a miltek exhaust, sounds awesome.

Drive it for a while and then remap at shark tuning

Really like the C30, in a few years when my insurance goes down I'd definitely have one :)
My dads got the s60 D5 and it's pretty quick, bet yours is stupidly fast being a petrol and having half the weight :D

I had to cancel my insurance they wouldn't insure. I'm with AXA now, an extra 80 in total it's cost to upgrade for the year!

I like the s60! I was parked next to one in work today.

I'd love a v50 t5 but there's no chance it would fit on my drive haha

markhardy":83r7kp7d said:
I had to cancel my insurance they wouldn't insure. I'm with AXA now, an extra 80 in total it's cost to upgrade for the year!

£80s hardly anything is it!
Yeah it's not bad looking for a big car :) will embarrass most other cars on the road, especially from a rolling start! (Twingo including :( )
decent mpg aswell with the 'start and stop' stuff, but that's usually turned off haha!
If I had to choose an estate it'd probably be the old 850 t5r or the v70r
Reckon they'd be a right laugh!

Nice choice, almost like a more sleepery, less shout Focus ST! Need to get some pics up when it comes!

sullii94":jg911f30 said:
markhardy":jg911f30 said:

£80s hardly anything is it!
Yeah it's not bad looking for a big car :) will embarrass most other cars on the road, especially from a rolling start! (Twingo including :( )
decent mpg aswell with the 'start and stop' stuff, but that's usually turned off haha!
If I had to choose an estate it'd probably be the old 850 t5r or the v70r
Reckon they'd be a right laugh!

I saw a normal 850 T5 estate at the weekend lighting up the fronts in 1st, 2nd and 3rd all the way down the road. Looked completely standard but was clearly heavily breathed on because it went like a scalded cat and sounded fecking brutal!! Great choice of car too, always liked the way the C30 looked. What are they like to drive?

Oh my what a car! Drove home with the biggest smile on my face!!

I think petrol stations are going to be my new beast friend haha

markhardy":i2hhp83o said:
Oh my what a car! Drove home with the biggest smile on my face!!

I think petrol stations are going to be my new beast friend haha

awesome car, but wait till you see the volvo forums! hope you've got some fun world war 2 stories to share with the rest of the old times :p kidding on offcourse. trust me, you'll miss the twingo soon enough. obviously for when it was working and you encountered corners on a warm summers day! not for the rapid straight line speed lol.

i bet the torque gave you a little bit of an eyebrows raise / pants ruined moment :D

It's definitely nose heavy but that's expected, it's 50% heavier.

Suits me this car, wish i had got one sooner! The twingo was good if all you wanted to do was bomb it around back roads.

It drove me mad on motorways and that's the main reason it's going! (Plus the reliability issues and my extended warranty being up soon)

Joined the slip road to the m6 and I was doing silly figures and had to slow down

Stupid amount of cash to tax though. only group 32 suprisingly, wot did you have to pay to insure it? i got quotes of around £325 f/c protected p/a. Love the styling, defo Simon Templar car.

Well I had to change insurance but in total it has cost me 96 extra!

Tax is 280 for the year!

I've booked in at pipewerx when I get back off holiday to have a custom 3" downpipe and sports cat fitted.

That should ease the holiday blues

Right I've finally got round to posting some photos now I'm back off holiday.
I've copied everything to save me re-writing the whole post again...

The c30 t5 is a 58 plate (230bhp model) on 34000 miles, one owner full volvo history.
The private reg didn't come with the car.

Absolutely loving it.
Awful single figure mpg when going for it, 22-25 short commute & round town, motorway 37mpg at 75mph with cruise on.
The twingo never achieved more than 30mpg in my 28 months of ownership no matter how you drove.

It is the se lux model so it has extras like electrically adjustable heated seats etc. I wish it had the upgraded dynaudio sound system.
And it really needs xenons, it has headlight washers and projector lenses.
I need to look into what's the best aftermarket option.

A few photos from the sale advert:

76CFF6CE-544C-4BA4-927F-B259637FBFFB_zps8ijsvzhh.jpg

825937B7-AF25-4AD5-89E2-81ED00F58B68_zpswht7bk5t.jpg

99203181-69B1-41AE-A532-B851E7D8CBB3_zpsehecikwh.jpg

C104993E-F5EA-4EFB-9E74-835686075ACE_zpszusdtngo.jpg

I took the car over to efi-parts in Runcorn where Chris put it on the rollers.
It made 237 bhp and 258 lb-ft torques, slightly above standard which is 230bhp.
Awesome how it has over 250 lb-ft torques for so much of the rev range.

94cbad81-d5e4-442a-ab90-421f976c16be_zpse9415df4.jpg

dc006118-e556-4db8-891c-8a4e44e79b5d_zps99ab53f1.jpg

4b1a5308-5bf1-48b2-a957-97ca9c670dbe_zpsddab55e6.jpg

I went to pipewerx on Saturday to have a custom 3" downpipe and 200 cell sports cat.
It took them 3 and a half hours and they did a top job.
The standard downpipe is restrictive and is only 2 1/4" and also not the smoothest of bends.

No warning lights on the dash, a few miles in it this week should see the ecu adjust to it more.
I need the catback done now, unsure whether 2.75" (70mm) or 3".

I forgot to take a photo before they bolted it to the car.... :roll:

0e6448eb-d327-4b3c-87f4-361d78102583_zps9a85a84d.jpg

36694139-f89e-4a24-8f2d-a9cb592f572b_zps69d23ae3.jpg

Old exhaust:

f88ac463-e48b-48ad-bfb2-e5074c2e0e0c_zps1565b33f.jpg

Car has been perfect it hasn't missed a beat. Service due in a few weeks at Volvo, then fitting the new do88 intercooler and pipework, and do88 turbo inlet pipe. Undecided whether to finish off the exhaust and new intake before getting it mapped down at shark performance.

I reallly like the C30 especially the T5 a grown up cool hatch

Love the interior design too!

Good Choice

Nice cars, I used to work at Volvo and they're really decent, very much under-rated cars especially for the money you can pick them up at now.

Would much rather one of them than a Focus ST, sort the suspension out on the C30 and it's a real sleeper!