Your MPG

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bones

Reaction score
Having come from a 200 where i averaged 27-31, would be interesting to hear what sort of figures you guys are getting in your 133s so I have a rough idea of what to expect!

Im not expecting a massive increase mind!

It's quite hard to give a figure being that Renault decided not to include a MPG computer in the Twingo! :(

I worked it out manually at 36mpg on my first tank of fuel and couldn't be bothered to work it out after that lol. I figured it can only get better being that it was still wearing in, but since then my right foot has been used a lot more... :s

ScanGuage can give you an acurate figure if you don't already?

I tested what I could average in my girlfriend's 133 and it did really well.

Left before 6am so no traffic, from London to Bristol, about 120 miles. Steady 65mph all the way and it achieved just over 45mpg. That's with about 1,500 miles on the clock at the time, would expect that to go up as the car runs in more.

Round town I haven't really tested, she's not a particularly spirited driver and I'm even fairly light footed, 35mpg as Ollie mentioned sounds pretty good.

My old 172 used to show 34mpg most of the time on day to day driving, my Megane struggles to show 22-24mpg when driving it normally!

well i had to fill my tank up earlier...

i reset the mileage counter after every fill up

i managed 203 miles from last filling up the car to having one bar left on the fuel scale

cba to work out the mpg... but i dont think its good.

I've been getting around 33-35 mpg from my Gordini. For the first 500 miles or so was only getting around 31-32 so the mpg seems to be getting better as the engine wears in (now done 1900)

Cheers for the feedback. Im still on my first tank of fuel, probably got about 1.5 bars left and so far i've done about 200 miles.

I can imagine it being pretty good on a motorway run but be nearly as bad as a 200 around town!

Bones":34b0t780 said:
Cheers for the feedback. Im still on my first tank of fuel...

You should find it'll get more and more efficient as it runs in.

My girlfriends 133 has 3k on the clock now and on the trips to see her family in it, it's cost a little less each time.

Even her old Megane Dynamique did the same, when she got with 6k on the clock, it was hitting about 41-42mg on a steady motorway run. Once it had done over 10k it was getting 49-50mpg being driven the same way.

Also things like how well your car is maintained like tyre pressures etc can make a difference too.

I got 37mpg when I first got the car with 2500 miles on it, saw 41mpg once on the way over to Durham (Late at night so minimal speed changes - I wasn't driving slowly either). At the moment I get about 29mpg on my B-road commute - expecting this to rise as the ice appears and slows me down!

I did think the same thing, I mean they had it in the RS Clios and Meganes so why not the Twingo.

The other thing that gets me is the lack of water temp gauge as well.

Bones":lm1xxhzx said:
its so annoying Renault didnt give it a mpg monitor thingy or fuel range counter!
Yeah, my C2 had one and it's one of the main things I miss - that and the heated seats and split-tailgate and the silver gear-knob...

Dabbot":lm1xxhzx said:
wouldnt be surprised if i was getting less than 30 lol
About 30 for me - mostly round town, so all acceleration and brakes.

havent worked out mine yet but im getting 250miles per full tank, with driving at 5th at 30 so very slow driving. lol

I can just about get 300 miles from a tankful :)
Will be seeing if I get any more at all now that I have had the car re-mapped. Or less for that matter...

Ive now had my scangauge in my car for a few days now... my average is 29-30 mpg...

lowest ive had is 16mpg highest ive had 40mpg