Tyre Noise

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchgold92

Reaction score
What is the RS cup usually like for tyre noise? Mine is very noisy at the front, but it has Kumho tyres fitted, so I'm wondering if the stock Continental are any better.

...could also be wheel bearings, though it's only got 55,000 miles.

I changed both front wheel bearings on mine at about 51k...don’t get too much tyre noise really, not for me anyway, depends what you’ve had before etc

Well that's the thing, I don't know what's normal for this car really. I've got Advan AD08R on my Nissan, which should be fairly noisy, but I've never noticed.

Must get the bearings checked at next service anyway.

Depends which size rims you have, 17s will produce more noise, tyre pressures and also the sound deadening in the 133 is sparse to say the least. I think it's acceptable in my cup they do make more noise as the tyres wear though, plus the short wheel base your not far from the front wheels. Did you not test drive the car before buying there really not built for motorways. Also depends what road surface your driving on smooth Tarmac is fine compared to old concrete roads.

Cup RS 133":1wmffw5f said:
Depends which size rims you have, 17s will produce more noise, tyre pressures and also the sound deadening in the 133 is sparse to say the least. I think it's acceptable in my cup they do make more noise as the tyres wear though, plus the short wheel base your not far from the front wheels. Did you not test drive the car before buying there really not built for motorways. Also depends what road surface your driving on smooth Tarmac is fine compared to old concrete roads.

I did test drive it yeah - it's not really something I'm worried about, just curious if it's normal.

I notice it more from the rear tbh. But with the lack of sound deadening it will show. Will be worse on tyres that have a V pattern.

They're all noisy, and not just tyre noise too! Switching the Hankooks mine came with to Rotallas (don't laugh, they're really, really good) made it much better. I'm running 205/40/17 now on my full fat cup. Fine in the cold/wet and great in the warm.