Huge problem! Key fob :(

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmc

Reaction score
Hi people! Any help here would be great! Key fob stopped working yesterday so went and replace the battery today, battery replaced and went to try they key.. Doesn't work, thought okay ill do what I used to do in my old Clio, push and hold the button while ignition turns on all electrics for 10 seconds.... Didn't work

I've looked on google but can't find anything apart from instructions for modus, kan goo and clios saying hold in for 5 seconds it should unlock and lock then wait ten secs press button twice, it still doesn't work!

Any one help by any chance? Thanks

Ben

Try going in your glove box and pulling out then putting back in the 5 amp fuses. One of them is linked to the imobaliser and there is a fault a few of us have had with it. There is a thread on this somewhere on the forum but hope this helps.

You are a saint! Can't believe I've never come across that on here!

I love you been sitting I'm my car for 3hrs speaking to my mechanic who didn't have a clue what to do just pull out all the 5amp fuses and my car started. Good man! :D

It's the 5 amp fuse between the 10 & 15 below the red wire in my 2007 GT ... It happened again !

Attachments

• 16749093007755842035932501205058.jpg
    16749093007755842035932501205058.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Try going in your glove box and pulling out then putting back in the 5 amp fuses. One of them is linked to the imobaliser and there is a fault a few of us have had with it. There is a thread on this somewhere on the forum but hope this helps.
Your a hero man! i didnt put it back just replaced it with a good one. Central locking worked straight away :) .. also if someones reading this, if the fuse looks good just replace it anyway mine had no damage but turned out to be blown