Brief introduction

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K3urtjen

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls

I'd briefly like to (re)introduce myself to the forum.
I've had an account on here previously, but not being really active on here i forgot all my account details :?
So I thought I'd dive into the community again and start Fresh, so here it goes.

My name's Gert-Jan, 30 years old and I'm from Belgium.
I'm currently the owner of a 2012 Twingo RS Phase 2 Red Bull Racing Edition.
I's a limited run that I don't think you guys got in the UK, and the car I have is the number 1 car of that limited run.
Because I've never been able to leave any car standard, this one has been modified a bit.
It's on KW suspension paired with K-Tec top mounts, and in the summertime it runs on Speedline Corsa 15" alloys with sticky Yokohama rubber.
It also has the full Vibratechnics engine and gearbox mount set, EBC grooved discs up front and Yellow stuff pads all around.
It's running a full engine back K-tec exhaust (with cat) fur a bit more round and power.
I've also got 2 recaro buckets on the way to upgrade the 'office' a bit in the front.
The car's been modified like this for some fast road and occasional track use.
It's been in my posession for about 6 years now, and even though it sometimes gives me a headache with some small niggles, I just can't seem to get rid of it.
It was my daily for a good couple of years, my toy at the time beaing a Corsa VXR Nürburgring.
That was a nice car as well, but when push came to shove the Twingo gave me more enjoyment.
I traded that one in and bought the new Twingo GT for daily duties (in Belgium road tax for the VXR was an expensive joke, and the GT costs me like 80 euro's a year).

I'm hoping to enjoy the car out on track a bit more than in years past, and I'm even looking into hitting up the UK for some track days in the coming summer months.
I do have a (hopefully small) technical issue to sort with the car currently, and I'm hoping to pick you guy's brains about what it could be.
I'll make a post about it in the approprate section though, it's got no place in the introduction section :)

Nice meeting you guys, and I hope to have a nice stay here around fellow Twingo owners.

Hoi Gert-Jan,

Welcome here! Nice (trackday) modifications you have, i'm also using my RS regularly on track here in Holland but also use it as a daily.
It's always funny how people at first underestimate the Twingo Rs on trackdays and then wonder why they can't shake off that silly little car :)

Greetings, Carsten

TrickyDick":20sug8c8 said:
Hoi Gert-Jan,

Welcome here! Nice (trackday) modifications you have, i'm also using my RS regularly on track here in Holland but also use it as a daily.
It's always funny how people at first underestimate the Twingo Rs on trackdays and then wonder why they can't shake off that silly little car :)

Greetings, Carsten

Thanks Carsten, it’s a lot of fun to punt around the track, and the tire / suspension combo really made a big difference. It’s underestimated by many as well, just like you said. Being a little cuddly car not a lot of people know of, it definately catches people off guard :lol: . With these mods it’s become a bit too tiring for me to drive each and every day, but when I take it out it still puts a giant smile on my face. Which tracks in Holland have you driven? Any recommendations? I’m always interested to drive some new tracks that are worthwile.