New 133 owner

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig180

Reaction score
Evening all.

Quick hello from me as I’ve just bought the wife (see what I did there?!) a 2009 Twingo RS. Collecting the car Saturday and can’t wait to give it a thorough shake down!

I’ve got a modified Megane 225, Citroen C1 race car, Mk1 Golf and Porsche 911 amongst other motors but I’ve always been a bit of a hot hatch fan, having had loads of Saxo VTRs and VTSs in my time.

We bought the car from a dealer after a close inspection and test drive, however it comes with no documented service history. I plan to give it a line service and thorough once over once it’s home but is there anything g specific I should look out for? I can’t seem to find anything of any real concern online.

Anyway, looking forward to playing out!

Welcome :) this forum isn’t used much anymore, we have a Renault Twingo owners club page which is probably more help than I could be.

One thing I do know is water leaks off the scuttle panel and onto cylinder 4 (I think, the right most cylinder as you look at it) and the coil pack can fail on there. Also it’s usually fairly rusty around there. Best bet is to squirt some sealant between the panels.