German Twingo Driver here

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayner

Reaction score
Hey,

i recently bought a Twingo 2 RS or Twingo 133 how they called over there, the reasoning behind it was my family owns Renaults for a pretty long time(starting over 20years ago with a Renault R19), we know the engine, looked for a small cheapish car that could be used as Garagecar (when other cars are in repair), small citycar for myself in the winter and maybe even as occasional trackcar on some days when the miataproject is still not going like it should.

The RS kinda stood out against all other candidates when it came to costs. We found a good candidate close to us that was in nice shape, driven by a women.

Some Pictures here:(The Upload Function drivin me nuts)
https://imgur.com/a/JhWEQ

Since then i only bought floorsmats for it, we shortly had it on the lift and typical german its ofcourse overmaintained. (Fresh Brakepads and Rotors, hardly any bushing seems broken/woren out)
It had no Cup Suspension but that is already in the garage from a crashed one, on the outside following things are planned:
- Cup Spoiler
- removing the RS Stripes,
- wrapping some Parts Black in Silverstone Edition Style
- 15 Inch Wheels (most likely OZ Ultraleggeras as the fit the Miata, too)

Interior:
- Armrest
- Alcantara with Orange Stitching on the Speedometer (basically Gordinistyle with different material)
- Alcantara with Orange Stiching in the Doors
- Shifter Knob Renault Sport (hopefully finding a orange one as the old one needs to be in a Renault Megane 2 soon, if not letting a saddler do the work and taking the silver knob)
- Steering Wheel Alcantara Top and bottom and some reworking on the sportyness of it

- Maybe, maybe Audio ... but i guess that includes dampening which adds weight ... well maybe skip audio and annoy neighbors with a R1 Exhaust.

Ok to me, iam 32 years old, IT-Architecture in the boring part of my life, Hobbyracer and Engineer in the other part, have a brother that is a Locksmith with industrial background, Licensed Welder for everything (including Alu), we together own a Garage with Lift where we do things on our RacingMiata or Familycars.(Nothing commercial.)

Welcome Wayner - Your Twingo looks very nice. I chose a RS Twingo for myself for very similar reasons, I wanted a smaller car but one that would still put a smile on my face :) and the Twingo does this! I'm almost in my 40's so wanted something a little different but still having a hot hatch feel like the good old cars of my adolescence :) May you have many enjoyable times in it!