update #74 answers needed.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukey

Reaction score
4.5 years now with my gordini, and still makes me smile every time i drive her with a bit of gusto!

she did however develop a bit of a fault as of late with the throttle cutting out momentarily and then picking up, it would get bogged down between 1500 - 2000 rpm and burst into full throttle when it managed to pull itself out of that range, engine light and spanner on the dash appears so i returned it to the dealers, turns out it was a faulty oxygen sensor (didn't even realise these existed...) that has now been replaced, the part number is (8200940054)(Sensor Oxygen) and costs £98.89, unfortunately i have no idea how easy it would be to replace though, but the garage price was £140 excl the part, bit expensive but oh well its fixed now and they wash it and give it a health check.

thats where some issues have been thrown up i'd like to ask about

all but one of the alloys is now scuffed up, with the front left in pretty bad shape, just wondering if anyone has had the gordini rims cleaned up, how much it cost and did they do a good job? has anyone tried doing it themselves and how easy was it?

the exhaust is blowing between the cat and the flexi joint, has anyone else had a similar problem and how was it repaired?

my near side and off side ball joint gaiter have both perished, i know this is a common problem, bit surprised by it happening after just 25k miles but as far as i can tell everything else seems ok. is it possible i can replace these myself? and how easy a job is it?

thanks in advance for any advise. gonna try and return it to showroom condition now. seen as the new twingo looks really quite disappointing, i think those with twingo 2's and 2FL models will really see a bit of value added to the cars, definite future classic i believe.

back onto my car though, i've always been a little disapointed in renault for not giving the gordini the engine boost the old man was known for, is Ktec still the place to go for top quality remaps and performance modifications or are there other places now a little closer to yorkshire that can offer the sane kind of quality i'm looking for?