how do you install a boost gauge?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig92

Reaction score
i've been wanting to install a boost gauge for a while now but can't find a decent guide anywhere on how to do it.
i found this thread on here so i know it can be done:
introduce-yourself-f100/everyone-t553.html

if possible i also want a water temp gauge or something else that could be usefull to.
thanks in advance :)

Boost gauge you just go off one of the vacuum pipes from turbo normally about a 5mm pipe

get yourself a scangauge... boost (MAP), water temp, throttle position, ignition timing, battery voltage, rpm, ... plus it can read fault codes and if you spend time configuring it properly, it can give quite accurate fuel consumption readings too

CIMG1151.JPG

the scangauge looks pretty good but the boost gauge i was wanting is only £20 lol so i think i will stcik with that.
is it an easy job to fit a boost gauge. how would i get it tothe engine? would i have to take the dashboard out etc?

A standalone boost gauge is piece of pie to fit but without knowing which gauge nobody can really help you. It may be mechanical or electrical and both will require differnt wiring.

More often than not though... Power and earth can be wired into the radio harness (or anywhere else near the dash) as can the illumination wire and you'll more than likely require a piece of silicone/vacum line to somewhere in the engine bay that you can tee from. Basically just intercept one of the vacum lines and run one into the car and onto the back of the gauge.

There's alredy a hole in the firewall in the passenger footwell... Pull the carpet up and you'll see a rubber grommet... you can get the line through there.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense... Typing quickly as I'm off for lunch now and don't wanna hang around :p

Depends how you're going to mount the gauge. The like would run behind the carpet and up behind/into the dash so you wouldn't see it.

As said though, depends how and where you're mounting it.