Fitting A Twingo Diffusser

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al

Reaction score
Re: fitting the diffuser.

On the RS you need to:

Remove numperplate
Remove rear arch quarters
Remove rear bumper and disconnect numberplate lamp holder
Position diffuser over bumper and mark drilling points using the provided plastic tab things
Drill 6 holes into the bumper - 3 each side approx. where the bumper curves off either side of the 'plate
Attach the diffuser using the 6 provided bolts
Drill 5 holes into the diffuser and through into the bumper on the bottom lip of the bumper/diffuser
Attach the 5 provided bolts/nuts into the holes
Attach numberplate
Reconnect numberplate lamp
Reattach bumper
Reattach arch quarters

^ as a DIY job for a competent like-minded person it's probably about a 1.5-2 hour job. The issues for me arose when removing the bumper as the instructions for it are on the GT, where as the RS has a completely different rear bumper.

No idea whether they've updated them for the RS but I guess not as the bumper is a GT option.

Hey, just ordered the diffuser for the dynamic version..
Where do i find how to remove the bumper? is it in the manual?
Thankss

BlackTwingo-i":12iqyb8r said:
Hey, just ordered the diffuser for the dynamic version..
Where do i find how to remove the bumper? is it in the manual?
Thankss

Did you manage to sort your diffuser? Would like to get one for my dynamique, but havnt got a clue about anything!

Yeahh i fitted it on my own in 3 hours! took me an hour to figure out just how to get the bumper off but it was kinda easy after that.. would suggest you get someone to help you haha..
Just need to make sure you take your time, im gonna put pics up when i have time of me fitting it

This is certainly correct but I think it is more guaranteed if you let an autoshop manage the diffuser fitting. Removing the might be easy but others are not.