Twingo/Clio similarities

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKay_28

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just wandering if there's any parts off a twingo 133 that are exactly the same on Clio sport/megane??

Cheers Ben

5 Amp fuse

edit-
Front brake discs are the same as Clio 172/182. Pads and calipers aren't

The rear beam axle is simillar to the Clio 1*2, although the torsion bar is probably a different diameter ( Although its different between 133cup/non-cup anyway) . The rear springs and dampers will also fit but the rates and stiffness will be slightly different to the Twingo cup/non-cup

Exhaust bacbox would be interchangable for Mk2 clio a the Supersprint was labled a a Clio box

singlespeed":1u6ntk9c said:
The rear beam axle is simillar to the Clio 1*2, although the torsion bar is probably a different diameter ( Although its different between 133cup/non-cup anyway) . The rear springs and dampers will also fit but the rates and stiffness will be slightly different to the Twingo cup/non-cup

Exhaust bacbox would be interchangable for Mk2 clio a the Supersprint was labled a a Clio box

What differences does the twingo cup have to a non cup then?
I thought it was just dampers and springs?

The round torsion bar hidden under the rear beam on a 133 cup is 24mm diameter. I haven't measured it myself, but I beleive the non-cup is smaller 22mm. Maybe they are the same but I've not had calipers on one
19mm on Dynamique
7562581848_34d5e023eb_c_d.jpg

24mm on 133 Cup
7562583588_003c598689_c_d.jpg

Mike_Robo":2eiofbmk said:
BlackTwingo-i":2eiofbmk said:
Mike_Robo":2eiofbmk said:
Front windows, I just fitted a set of Team Heko Wind Deflectors from a 197.

You sure?! The windows look miles bigger haha!

Interesting stuff!

yeah surprisingly haha.
Like i said thats where i got my wind deflectors from haha!

Tried fitting them, they dont quite fit!!