RS monitor subsequently installed!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm planning to order the RS monitor for my TRS (2010, BT radio) but one thing is not completely clear for me. Please clarify it somebody: after the RS monitor is fitted, the Bluetooth radio can be used, the input device (aux, BT phone etc) can be selected, the actual song / volume etc. is displayed on the monitor, telephone call can be started through the display (so the RS monitor works like the 'original' radio display) except when RS monitor functions (lap time, G-force etc.) are activated, in this case only the RS functions work. Is it right?

After I had replaced the radio display for a RS monitor in my Twingo133 I went to the local Renault dealer to get it activated (after replacing, the RS monitor did not work at all). They could not activate or reprogram it, despite I showed them the description I found in this thread. The Renault mechanic could only get it work as a normal radio display :( I was so disappointed that finally I have bought a Renault Can Clip diagnostic tool for myself to get the monitor work. It arrived this Monday. I had tried it immediately and after some minutes RS monitor worked like it should have done from the beginning :). Well, I think the description in the thread is not enough clear and contains a misspelling - there is no ECU 365, there is only ECU 653, it is the multimedia ECU. It is much easier if you run a self-diagnostic in the multimedia section, it will find the "new" hardware. After this you have to go into programming mode (select CF001 from the menu on the right as it is written in the description) and activate it and turn the radio OFF. After it is activated you have to select the unit of length (km or mile) AND language of the monitor. Hope this helps.

I have been looking into buying the Renault Sport monitor for my 2012 Twingo 133. Before I go ahead and purchase the monitor I thought I best speak to the local Renault dealers who have both told me that cannot programme this as it isn't something that they advise doing. I told them that it is a genuine Renault part but still they said no.

Does anyone know of anyone in the West Midlands area who could programme the monitor?

Yanoo":1k0e8kjz said:
After I had replaced the radio display for a RS monitor in my Twingo133 I went to the local Renault dealer to get it activated (after replacing, the RS monitor did not work at all). They could not activate or reprogram it, despite I showed them the description I found in this thread. The Renault mechanic could only get it work as a normal radio display :( I was so disappointed that finally I have bought a Renault Can Clip diagnostic tool for myself to get the monitor work. It arrived this Monday. I had tried it immediately and after some minutes RS monitor worked like it should have done from the beginning :). Well, I think the description in the thread is not enough clear and contains a misspelling - there is no ECU 365, there is only ECU 653, it is the multimedia ECU. It is much easier if you run a self-diagnostic in the multimedia section, it will find the "new" hardware. After this you have to go into programming mode (select CF001 from the menu on the right as it is written in the description) and activate it and turn the radio OFF. After it is activated you have to select the unit of length (km or mile) AND language of the monitor. Hope this helps.
Thanks mate for the clarification. I am planning to buy the RS Monitor for my Clio RS200 MK3.

Sorry to rejuvenate this well-read thread.

https://www.facebook.com/stagexmotorsport/posts/2208002459412245

Been chatting to them, they are saying they can do this for £100 if you send them your display. I asked if I need to buy part 280347874R first but they say it's just programming.

On start up my display says 'Renault', not 'renaultsport'.

I'm right that the hardware needs to be added and it's not just a programming job ?

I have a 2009 RS with bluetooth stereo.

I have just bought a 2012 TRS with a bluetooth radio. I was hoping that this meant that I would have the monitor too, particularly as the car even has a manual explaining how to use it.

The trouble is that pressing both top buttons on the remote stalk doesn't do anything. Does this simply mean that I don't have it? What on earth do i need to do to activate, or otherwise install this? It seems a weird thing for Renault to make so difficult to obtain!

Cheers

Sorry bringing this up again.

Massively confused

Yes or no on even thinking about doing this please

Spec is:

2011 plate, I believe it might be a cup (not sure)

I don’t have a Bluetooth radio, (thinking about getting aftermarket, so that I can sort speakers)

The radio has its own display.

My Speedo has all trip computer information in it (so mileages, temperature, and service mileage)

I have the steering wheel controls with the buttons on top of it

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheriffja":nluwk78u said:
Sorry bringing this up again.

Massively confused

Yes or no on even thinking about doing this please

Spec is:

2011 plate, I believe it might be a cup (not sure)

I don’t have a Bluetooth radio, (thinking about getting aftermarket, so that I can sort speakers)

The radio has its own display.

My Speedo has all trip computer information in it (so mileages, temperature, and service mileage)

I have the steering wheel controls with the buttons on top of it

Thank you

Sorry again!

Also where the monitor would go, I have a little shelf with the buttons for the clock

Germy":112iflr1 said:
The little shelf is where the display lives
I thought it did, but I’m more asking if it’s plug and play (within reason because of playing around with computer) or if it will work at all on my car, as it seems that what a lot of people are finding I don’t have at all e.g. rear speaker cables, and tweeter cables

Hi, i have twingo rs cup from 2009.
Is it possible to mount RS MONITOR
it has only 1 plug to put into lcd display

I tought to mount lcd another one from other twingo and to buy RS MONITOR?
i hope you cna help please.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_20221130_222407.jpg
    IMG_20221130_222407.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221201_133932.jpg
    IMG_20221201_133932.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221201-121721.jpg
    Screenshot_20221201-121721.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 1
Resurrecting an old thread I know...but I am installing RS monitor to a 2008 RS... it didn't have a screen as standard...but I will make it work.

So this shows why you need a Bluetooth...as the wiring harnesses are different. My plan is to get a wiring harness and swap whole thing over. Means pulling up carpets and full dash out...but hey.
Real question is...when I get clip to reprogramme...how do I access a menu to also switch on the cruise control / speed limiter icons...as I also have retrofitted cruise control.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230428-224258_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230428-224258_Gallery.jpg
    1,015.9 KB · Views: 3
So this shows why you need a Bluetooth...as the wiring harnesses are different. My plan is to get a wiring harness and swap whole thing over. Means pulling up carpets and full dash out...but hey.
Real question is...when I get clip to reprogramme...how do I access a menu to also switch on the cruise control / speed limiter icons...as I also have retrofitted cruise control.
Let me know how to install all so i can also make for my Twingo rs

Hi guys, sad news about the R.S. monitor display I am afraid - a month ago I've ordered one (280347874R) at a Renault dealer and they told me the ordering system does not tell delivery time but it is possible to order it.

However, today they updated the status of the R.S. monitor to discontinued :(

So at this point I am looking online for a place where they still potentially have a display in stock or for someone breaking a Twingo or a Clio with the RS monitor but that is a looooong shot. So if someone has the display in question for sale, I am all ears :D cheers