Airbag ECU

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twingo-gt-2k8

Reaction score
Hi there i bought a twingo gt which was accident damaged and im looking to get the crash data removed from the airbag ecu to stop the hazzards coming on every time i start the car, my question is where is the airbag ecu located and do you know if the car will still run without the ecu (while its been fixed) as i still need this car for work

Centre console

Yes it will bit i wouldnt due to lights being one the dash and no airbags will work. Also make sure you get a new unit as there coded to the car

Twingogeekeo":3m0rrji8 said:
Centre console

Yes it will bit i wouldnt due to lights being one the dash and no airbags will work. Also make sure you get a new unit as there coded to the car

the lights are on now any ways and all the airbags have been removed anyway and resistors put in place, and as for the unit i will be getting it reconditioned and crash data removed and the unit will be coded to my car as its the origional unit so then my ights on the dash wil function as it should

and thanks for the information but where abouts in the center console is the unit located?
Thanks scott

you need a new ecu, cannot repair your one..and maybe new seatbelt tensioner even if they don't "burst"..
i had need to change that on my dynamique when happened
sorry for bad english

thats fine mate and thanks for the information but i can get it reconditioned as ive had a clio 1 done before they re soilder a chip on the inside of the ecu and then they clear all the crash data with a laptop and it costs around 80% less

Twingo-gt-2k8":3amvla42 said:
thats fine mate and thanks for the information but i can get it reconditioned as ive had a clio 1 done before they re soilder a chip on the inside of the ecu and then they clear all the crash data with a laptop and it costs around 80% less
may be handy to know :)

Although, I hope not...

Twingo-gt-2k8":2utrj6ja said:

when i had need it, no one was able to do that so i was obbligated to buy a new one, better for you :D

Who is Guna go through the trouble of checking waitey??? Lmao x

benmc":l2oi97k5 said:
Your face will find out when it hits the interior of the car and the insurance company will be like "got problem?" :shock:

MovingShadow":nphcj6xk said:
benmc":nphcj6xk said:
Your face will find out when it hits the interior of the car and the insurance company will be like "got problem?" :shock:

In defence of Ben here, The way i'm reading it, He was asking Waitey who would go through the trouble of checking during an MOT as Waiteys previous post mentioned it needing to be checked during an MOT

Hi where about is the crash test module on twingo 58plate , iv just taken the centre
Console out , but carnt seem to find it