Found one to buy but no service history

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enimaq

Reaction score
Hi, I hope this is the right place for this post.

I was hoping for a bit of advice. I found a nice looking 2008 twingo RS in red (non cup), interiors in great condition, exterior seems good too and it seems to drive well. Price seems ok too @ £2.7k and it only has 55k miles, 1 owner and has a years MOT. Tyres all have lots of tread and all continentals, disc and pads seem fine too and have lots of wear left. MOt history seems good and only has a few advisorys in its entire history for tyre tread getting low.

However it's got curbing to the alloys, aircon doesn't seem to work currently and the biggest thing is it doesn't have any service history... So I have no idea if it has had its cambelt and water pump done at 6 years. So I would have to get the cam belt and pump done and a service straight away if I bought it.

I'm tempted but the lack of history is a bit daunting.

Can anyone give me any advice, what would you do?

Enimaq":2hpcx86j said:
Hi, I hope this is the right place for this post.

I was hoping for a bit of advice. I found a nice looking 2008 twingo RS in red (non cup), interiors in great condition, exterior seems good too and it seems to drive well. Price seems ok too @ £2.7k and it only has 55k miles, 1 owner and has a years MOT. Tyres all have lots of tread and all continentals, disc and pads seem fine too and have lots of wear left. MOt history seems good and only has a few advisorys in its entire history for tyre tread getting low.

However it's got curbing to the alloys, aircon doesn't seem to work currently and the biggest thing is it doesn't have any service history... So I have no idea if it has had its cambelt and water pump done at 6 years. So I would have to get the cam belt and pump done and a service straight away if I bought it.

I'm tempted but the lack of history is a bit daunting.

Can anyone give me any advice, what would you do?

With no history £2.7k is a bit steep, there's a mint one with all the desirable options like read diffuser and sport spoiler for £3250 on the facebook group at the moment which would be a much better buy.

If you were talking no history at £2k or less then maybe it would start to make sense - don't forget the cambelt/dephaser/water pump service is likely to be £600+ or more if you're going to get someone to do the basics like spark plugs and potentially ball joints, brakes etc.

It really is a buyers market on Twingos at the moment so don't feel pressured - there are lots around and you can get very decent ones in the low £2s.

I didn't get it in the end as wasn't 100% sure on it, and its sold now too.

The hunt continues!

With no history £2.7k is a bit steep, there's a mint one with all the desirable options like read diffuser and sport spoiler for £3250 on the facebook group at the moment which would be a much better buy.

If you were talking no history at £2k or less then maybe it would start to make sense - don't forget the cambelt/dephaser/water pump service is likely to be £600+ or more if you're going to get someone to do the basics like spark plugs and potentially ball joints, brakes etc.

It really is a buyers market on Twingos at the moment so don't feel pressured - there are lots around and you can get very decent ones in the low £2s.
How easy is it to inspect of cambelt and dephaser done
done