It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:43 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: best exhaust for the 133 sport?what bhp would a remap get me
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:50 am 
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:51 pm
Posts: 11
Location: Burry Port, Carmarthenshire
Gender: Male
Car: Twingo 133
Just bought a 133 and looking to tart her up a bit. I've seen one at 161bhp and wondered what mods I would need to take her to that level. Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: best exhaust for the 133 sport?what bhp would a remap ge
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:08 am 
Registered User
Naughty Corner Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:54 pm
Posts: 3827
Gender: Male
Car: Former Twingo RS 133 + Cup
For the reaches of 160 you'll need a lot of work. Probably along the lines of Exhaust, filter, manifold, cams, remap and possibly standalone ECU....

Have a look through Neil's thread. http://www.twingo133.net/projects-progress-threads/renaultsport-gordini-159-t1816.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: best exhaust for the 133 sport?what bhp would a remap ge
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:04 pm 
Registered User
Naughty Corner Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:53 pm
Posts: 3093
Location: Coalville, Leicestershire
Gender: Male
Car: Gordini RS133 #51
Not another person who bought a 133 for tuning to get big gains.

To get 160bhp you'll need the manifold, exhaust, cams and a remap which will probably cost over £2000.

Just the exhaust and manifold would be worthwhile as you'll get around 150 which I think is what the twingo RS should've had to begin with, but you're probably best improving what the 133 already has, handling.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: best exhaust for the 133 sport?what bhp would a remap ge
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:30 pm 
Registered User
Naughty Corner Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:28 am
Posts: 1268
Location: Bedford
Gender: Male
Car: Twingo 133
waitey wrote:
Not another person who bought a 133 for tuning to get big gains.

To get 160bhp you'll need the manifold, exhaust, cams and a remap which will probably cost over £2000.

Just the exhaust and manifold would be worthwhile as you'll get around 150 which I think is what the twingo RS should've had to begin with, but you're probably best improving what the 133 already has, handling.


I'll second that, get yourself some coilies or springs first and then think about power upgrades, if you really want to go down that route it'll cost you so get saving, I E-mailed ktec at the start of the week though and they said they're a few months away from completing their work on their standalone gen-90 ecu which should open the door for a whole deal of Gucci mods like itbs >:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: best exhaust for the 133 sport?what bhp would a remap ge
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:17 pm 
Twingo133.net Co-Owner
Registered User
Naughty Corner Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:04 am
Posts: 7189
Location: Moray
Car: Gordini 133 #159
LCplParks wrote:
waitey wrote:
Not another person who bought a 133 for tuning to get big gains.

To get 160bhp you'll need the manifold, exhaust, cams and a remap which will probably cost over £2000.

Just the exhaust and manifold would be worthwhile as you'll get around 150 which I think is what the twingo RS should've had to begin with, but you're probably best improving what the 133 already has, handling.


I'll second that, get yourself some coilies or springs first and then think about power upgrades, if you really want to go down that route it'll cost you so get saving, I E-mailed ktec at the start of the week though and they said they're a few months away from completing their work on their standalone gen-90 ecu which should open the door for a whole deal of Gucci mods like itbs >:D

I'll be hastling David on Saturday :mrgreen:

_________________
Progress thread for my 160bhp RS Twingo Gordini :)
FAQ - Links to the usual questions which keep recuring


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: best exhaust for the 133 sport?what bhp would a remap ge
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:20 pm 
Registered User
Naughty Corner Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:28 am
Posts: 1268
Location: Bedford
Gender: Male
Car: Twingo 133
singlespeed wrote:
LCplParks wrote:
waitey wrote:
Not another person who bought a 133 for tuning to get big gains.

To get 160bhp you'll need the manifold, exhaust, cams and a remap which will probably cost over £2000.

Just the exhaust and manifold would be worthwhile as you'll get around 150 which I think is what the twingo RS should've had to begin with, but you're probably best improving what the 133 already has, handling.


I'll second that, get yourself some coilies or springs first and then think about power upgrades, if you really want to go down that route it'll cost you so get saving, I E-mailed ktec at the start of the week though and they said they're a few months away from completing their work on their standalone gen-90 ecu which should open the door for a whole deal of Gucci mods like itbs >:D

I'll be hastling David on Saturday :mrgreen:


Good! Get hassling because I've come down with a serious case of the modding bug haha!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Opinions on the scorpion exausts vs the k-tec systems for rs
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:58 am 
Registered User

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:32 am
Posts: 1
Gender: Male
Car: Renault Twingo sport
Looking to get a new exaust system for my twingo rs 133 but can't decide between scorpion or k-tec. Looking for something that has a quality sound whilst being fairly loud. Any opinions on these options would be great as I really can't decide.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: best exhaust for the 133 sport?what bhp would a remap ge
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:06 pm 
Registered User

Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:04 am
Posts: 7
Gender: Male
Car: Renault Twingo RS Cup
catback k-tec is more louder than scorpion but I thinking about gt-performance exhaust it looks like k-tec
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ligne-INOX-Twingo-RS-Renault-Sport-1-6-16v-133-silencieux-echappement/140741116232?hash=item20c4d30148:g:cl0AAOxyuCJRdMTi:rk:5:pf:0


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: best exhaust for the 133 sport?what bhp would a remap ge
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:15 am 
Registered User

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:54 pm
Posts: 14
Gender: Male
Car: Twingo 133 - 2009 - Extreme Blue
micalin wrote:
catback k-tec is more louder than scorpion but I thinking about gt-performance exhaust it looks like k-tec
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ligne-INOX-Twingo-RS-Renault-Sport-1-6-16v-133-silencieux-echappement/140741116232?hash=item20c4d30148:g:cl0AAOxyuCJRdMTi:rk:5:pf:0


Just bought and fitted the GT performance exhaust, full catback, with resonator and silencer delete. Not too loud but sounds very nice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: best exhaust for the 133 sport?what bhp would a remap ge
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:00 am 
Registered User

Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:04 am
Posts: 7
Gender: Male
Car: Renault Twingo RS Cup
A5HL3Y wrote:
micalin wrote:
catback k-tec is more louder than scorpion but I thinking about gt-performance exhaust it looks like k-tec
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ligne-INOX-Twingo-RS-Renault-Sport-1-6-16v-133-silencieux-echappement/140741116232?hash=item20c4d30148:g:cl0AAOxyuCJRdMTi:rk:5:pf:0


Just bought and fitted the GT performance exhaust, full catback, with resonator and silencer delete. Not too loud but sounds very nice.


GT catback on RS? Is it same?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jg, Paul bancroft, raymon, Willhayden and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe and modified by Matt of Twingo133.net


phpBB SEO
Untitled Document