Hi all! Newbie here, looking for advice to buy my first RS

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E_D_I_S_O_N

Reaction score
Hi all!

Newbie here, looking for your advice to buy my first Renault.

I had many performance hot hatch in the past, especially Mini from Gen 1 to 3, including latest F56 JCW but sold few years for bigger car, i.e. FK2 Civic Type-R & now daily drive a Merc.

I always crave for small hot hatch to zip around town in London.

So my first Renault obviously has to be an RS, and i go for the smallest form, a Twingo 133.

I am looking for one particular with Cup chassis or a Cup.

Any specific issue that I need to look out for?

Thanks!

Edison

Hi They are cracking little cars. For driving I would try a cup and non cup. The cups are very stiff. Not much to look out for other than normal things. Just see when the belts where done and if the foot Wells are wet.

Front suspension ball joints, the gaiter is a common problem on older versions. The full fat version with cup chassis is a must have lol.

We don’t really use this forum much anymore. We’re on Facebook now as Renault Twingo Owners club :)

Evertheless, if you sometimes have people in the back my suggestion would be the full fat cup. A regular Twingo RS with stiffer suspension, sliding split rear seats, air con etc. This is what I have and it’s a lot of use whenever people need to go in the back.

As for issues most of it is generally what you’d look for on any car. These are prone to liquid on cylinder 4. Solved by applying sealant on the scuttle panel. The airbag light comes on now and again. Nothing to worry about, wiggle the cables under the passenger seat and you’re good to go. If you buy from a dealer you could use this to knock some money off though [emoji6][emoji6]

Anyway, here’s a picture of my RS, any questions just ask :)
50866ffdcbbe3e7f123534dad7bb20e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the warm welcome!!!

So, I just bought the 11 plate Twingo 133 CUP last week, guess what I bought this week?

A Clio R27 F1! Lol.

Since I drove the Twingo (my first Renault), I found it is indeed a nice little supermini, but still out of breath when get out of town, so I went out and looking for a Clio RS200 Cup, saw an extremely well maintained LY R27 F1, placed my deposit straight away and hoping to collect it this weekend!

I just miss hot hatches so much!