How to turn air bag and service spanner lights off??

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

133Twingo

Reaction score
I hope someone can help.

I recent bought a twingo a couple of weeks ago and managed to get some money off as the air bag and service lights was on. I have plugged in my diagnostic tool and have checked for codes but no codes are shown.

So from this I googled about and saw that a common thing is either the cabling coming loose or breaking below either of the front seats, but checked both seats of cables and all looks fine and unplugged and re-plugged the connections in.

I have also checked the cable for the air bag unit in the steering wheel and this all looks fine and I've unplugged it and plugged it back in.

So finally I have checked the fuse board, as the car didn't come with a manual or the diagram for the fuse board I googled and found that it should be no. 7 on the fuse board, I have unplugged this and plugged back in as well as every other fuse to see if I could get the light to go out.

I am hoping that someone on here has a suggestion or solution that can hopefully get the air bag and service light switched off or has had a similar issue and resolve, look forward to the responses.

Have you checked that the airbag isn't disabled? There's a switch on the side of the dashboard, behind the driver's door.
I don't think that explains the second light, though.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I checked this and it's in the on position as normal. I have turned this off and on to see if it will effect the air bag warning light and the service light but no resolve so far.

Service light, if it’s linked to the service interval mileage countdown, you can reset this by using button on end of wiper stalk to scroll to service interval, press and hold until the service interval flashes and then press again to reset it . Something like that.

Hi, the service intival has already been reset, the light seems to be staying on due to the air bag warning light. From the videos seen on YouTube this is normal for the spanner light to show when the air bag warning light is on as it's a request to take it to the dealer. But don't really want to be paying for a dealer to sort it if it something simple

you'll need to use Renault clip to interrogate the airbag ecu to give you a proper diagnosis. most ecu readers will only read the cars engine ecu.

Are you sure youve gave the connections a proper wiggle. Mine dies this under my passenger seat goes off once you turn ignition on and off again. But recently ive taken my seats out to do some sound deadning, and since putting it all back together it nether done it since. Id say dodgy connection. Unless its been in an accident and the lighrs havent been reset with renault clip.

Same problem here. I live with this red light from a year after brought. No one can repair this issue.

Hi there, I've currently got the same issue under my driver's seat, loose connection on the airbag cables. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of which wires are which for the connector block under the drivers side seat?

Tengo el mismo problema y no he podido solucionarlo, he estado revisando las conexiones debajo del asiento del pasajero y no he podido