How to replace Radiator / Condenser?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kit34

Reaction score
Guys,

Could you please help here before I start doing it? Is there a need to remove the bumper? Can someone add some pictures of the condenser and share the OEM for spares?

Thanks a lot

Did mine from underneath, remove bumper take off goal post frame front inner crash frame and all was pretty straight forward

Funny enough I did mine the other way. Take the wheel arch liners off first, then you have access to all the screws holding on the bumper. Take the bumper off, then I had to take the lights off (3 bolts on each if I remember). That gives you access to slam panel bolts, unscrew these and the panel just lifts off. Then is just a case of undoing all the pipes and lifting out the old unit. Putting it back together is just the reverse, you just have to bleed the radiator after, and find some one to re gas the air con.

Just encase you don't know (I have a GT, but I guess the RS will be the same). The engine radiator / condenser / dryer is all one unit. From memory the price from Renault for the part was around £240 (about a year and a half ago). Don't bother with pattern parts, I originally got a Denso one and it leaking badly after 9 months or so. Lucky I got my money back from the seller, but I had to do the same job twice.

To give you an idea, here are a few pics I took when I did mine.

I also cleaned up my intercooler when I was there, as it was covered in mud, dirt and general crap.

Also, you end up with with a super shiny radiator.