Tyers questions

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00kre

Reaction score
Previously on the car i had continental sc3 in 195 40 17, car was stable, direct, great grip, then i went on with Nankang NS2R semislick in 205/40/17, the car felt different, wobbly, not so direct although grip was good.

Now i am worried if i should buy set of 205's, because still dont know did i loose this direct feeling because of different tyre or because different dimension ? What would you say

I also dont know what is good or maybe better alternative to contis sc3? Have been looking at Vredstein sportac 5, pirelli pzero - i heard they are good, dunlops i dont really know...

Maybe you’re not getting enough heat into the tyres, the continentals are more ideal for road use so don’t require as much heat in them.

I’ve used the Vredsteins 5 and they felt good, that was in 195 too. What psi are you running?

I am running around 32psi (have also tried above), not sure about heat but steering feel is not so direct like on SC3, maybe because different dimension or because different tyre, not sure. So i dont know should i buy 195/40/17 or again 205/40/17 but some different tyres like Vredsteins or something else?

Yeah might be due to the flex in the sidewall of the tyre, I haven’t used continentals before. Loads of people use the ns2rs though and majority with only good things to say about them

Yes thanks, and what do you use? Conti's were absolutely brilliant but hard to buy and expensive...
Now i am thinking about Dunlop sportmax RT and Pirelli pzero... Dont know

I used hankooks evo in 195/40/17 and vredstein sport trac 5 also in 195/40/17z The vreds were better in the rain than the hankook but both gripped well in good conditions. I’m now on 16” wheels and have rainsport 3s

I bought vredstein sportrac 5 in 195 40 17 and they are almost dangerous to drive fast, and definetly dangerous while fast changing directions, or under hard braking. Like 4 puddings, way too soft, spongy, car is feeling terrible, lost any direct input, i will try to sell them for some money and buy contis sc3, this tyres and even nankangs are whole different dimension. I never thought that tyres can do so bad and dramatic things on how a car drives...

sh00kre":2bexm5jm said:
I bought vredstein sportrac 5 in 195 40 17 and they are almost dangerous to drive fast, and definetly dangerous while fast changing directions, or under hard braking. Like 4 puddings, way too soft, spongy, car is feeling terrible, lost any direct input, i will try to sell them for some money and buy contis sc3, this tyres and even nankangs are whole different dimension. I never thought that tyres can do so bad and dramatic things on how a car drives...

That’s very strange, I never had any problems with them at all. Grip from them was good.

Grip isnt problem, but everything else is... This is comfort tyre style sadly and not performance, and definetlly not for Twingo RS which has to be nimble, with this Verdsteins it looses its main purpose IMO...

Agree with dave about the verdsteins, never any issues with them and used to use them on road rallys as the all round performance is brilliant. You will struggle to get a hard side wall on a road tyre. The ride on the 17"s on our roads is crap hence people dropping to 16"s. I run 15"s on the rally car mainly I have some 15" tyres and it gears it down a good chunk. Also starting to get some 16"s to use.
I have rainsport 3 on our scenic and really rate them also.

Maybe i would tell the same story about them if i dint try proper sport tyre like Continental SC3 which suits Twingo RS superbly, car is super sharp and precise, or Nankang NS2R (which is worse then SC3 in my opinion), but sportrac 5 seems to be touring type of tyre, it is really comfy but if i wanted comfy car i (we?) wouldnt by Twingo RS in the first place, right?
I am glad you are happy with them, that is only thing that counts, but that above i would say are facts. I ordered Contis and would try to sell Verds, if some of you maybe wants them, they have below 100km's and for all 4 i will ask like 150pounds, yes shipping from Croatia could be expensive:D

I went from premium 195 40 r17 to a set of budget Rotalla Setula S Pace 205 40 r17. Massive improvement and no issues, running 36 front and 34 rear.

By premium you mean ? Do yourself a favor and buy some UHP tyres not premium, twingo RS deserves it

Between Nankang NS2R and Vredestein sportac 5 twingo is another car with Continental SC3, in the best possible way. They literally put a smile on your face. They literally put back smile on my face.

It had Hankook Ventus S2 (I think) on the front and Conti SportContact 3's on the rear when I bought it. The Rotallas are a massive improvement. What are UHP tyres?

CleggmeisterRS":1ypkxe7y said:
It had Hankook Ventus S2 (I think) on the front and Conti SportContact 3's on the rear when I bought it. The Rotallas are a massive improvement. What are UHP tyres?
Ultra High Performance tyres :) Like semislicks with homologation for road use.

CleggmeisterRS":21a4d1hs said:
different tyres rear and front are never good idea, so improvement is obvious.

I had goodyear efficient grip on the front which were fairly decent and surprising in the wet. Falken ZE 914 on the rear which had fair grip but when they let go, they let go! and nearly put me in the barrier off a roundabout. all 195/40R17

Ive just put a full set of 205/40 Michelin PS3s on and the difference is definitely noticeable, very decent dry grip compared to the last, not had chance to test the wet grip yet but ive confidence in them.

Guys, sorry for previously blaming too much Vredesteins's, there was a problem with coilovers when i tested them, still i think coonti sc3 is more sporty tyre overall ...