Twingo RS -> Australia. LHD -> RHD.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxthe45022

Reaction score
Hey guys, I live in Germany and have had my RS for 2 years. Love it!
I have stripped the interior and have a lot of small mods, springs, brembo's, wheels, spacers, roll cage, semi slicks (all with TÜV, all done by myself).
I can't bare the thought of selling it, but I will be moving back to Australia next year.
I want to take it with me!
I like the idea of having a unique car (wasn't sold in Australia), even if this doesn't really make financial sense.
Biggest problem; it's LHD.
I plan on DIY'ing a RHD conversion. I have had the car in bit's and pieces a few times so I know my way around it...

list so far for parts required:
-Steering column+shafts
-dashboard+speedo
-wiring looms (maybe modify the current ones?)
-headlights
-seats (will just get some buckets)
-pedal mounts + footrest
-Passenger airbags
-windscreen wipers and water guard

So, I'm hoping I can get a cheap Twingo 1.2 from the Uk and basically swap out the parts... and sell the "donor" here to help cover costs. Anyone have an idea if this is doable? Or would the parts not fit with RS components?

Anyway, I look forward to any tips or comments with regards to my intentions.

I don’t think you’d have too many problems with them parts, maybe the column would be different mounting on the steering rack itself? For LHD and RHD? Which I’m sure the RS probably has a quicker rack than a standard one? You’ll probably get away with maybe swapping the wiring loom over. Also you’ll probably need to get it plugged in after to program some items and check everything works okay.