New owner

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchgold92

Reaction score
Hi, just put a deposit on a 2012 RS to be collected during the week. Not exactly sure on spec but it seems to be registered as a Silverstone GT (that could be wrong).

Anyway, a pic and one of my other yoke.

15qbssh.jpg

98vedc.jpg

Nice Twingo, and nice Fairlady/3000/GTO (sorry, my memory is getting old)!. I have a Twingo exactly the same as yours (it's not a Silverstone, they were the ph1 model and only silver). Yours is a ph2 "full fat". Now I need to get that Nissan!!!!! That thing is sooooo awesome. Standby and I'll dig out a picture of mine with a nice NSX... :)

CleggmeisterRS":10dg8x96 said:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/tK6qG55jcWYoqqz23

Not sure how to post a picture - here's a Google link instead...

Damn I want your Nissan...

Nice Twingo and NSX yourself! Yeah it came up as a Silverstone GT with my insurer, but I'd never trust them in any regard. I'm just interested to figure out whether it has the cup chassis - quite firm in any case.

(Fairlady Z ;))

dutchgold92":1bffy26j said:
Hi, just put a deposit on a 2012 RS to be collected during the week. Not exactly sure on spec but it seems to be registered as a Silverstone GT (that could be wrong).

Anyway, a pic and one of my other yoke.

15qbssh.jpg

98vedc.jpg

Might be worth sorting that with insurance. For me a silverstone was higher insurance because it’s limited edition. Could be wrong though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome. The chassis/VIN number will confirm if you have a cup (which I'm sure you do). Also you can look at the springs for a purple dot. Rears are easiest, from the rear. Purple dot = cup suspension. You'll have aircon plus a split rear seat, hence the "full fat" naming. The standard "cups" had a single rear bench seat and no aircon.

So, do I buy a Fairlady Z next then?! Was kinda saving for a Caterham...

:)

Really nice example. Always did like white Twingos.

As for it being registered wrongly I think it's a problem with the revenue or the NCTS registering Twingos as Silverstone GPs. I imported one last year and it was registered as a Silverstone GP too.

Nice to see another Irish Twingo RS, there's not very many of them around lol.

Edit: If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay roughly? I'm considering letting mine go soon and I have absolutely no idea what its market value is because there's probably less than 20 of them in Ireland.

MrManBuz":1pqnjuh8 said:
Really nice example. Always did like white Twingos.

As for it being registered wrongly I think it's a problem with the revenue or the NCTS registering Twingos as Silverstone GPs. I imported one last year and it was registered as a Silverstone GP too.

Nice to see another Irish Twingo RS, there's not very many of them around lol.

Edit: If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay roughly? I'm considering letting mine go soon and I have absolutely no idea what its market value is because there's probably less than 20 of them in Ireland.

Around 8k including a trade-in. Where in the country are you?

I may not be able to collect it for a number of weeks now as Renault can't seem to locate service parts - timing kit, handbrake cable and discs, of which I assume the former is the problem. Not the best welcome back to Renault ownership...

dutchgold92":35td97fh said:

I may not be able to collect it for a number of weeks now as Renault can't seem to locate service parts - timing kit, handbrake cable and discs, of which I assume the former is the problem. Not the best welcome back to Renault ownership...

I'm in Meath, how about yourself?

Are they trying to source the parts in Ireland or they can't find them anywhere? I'm pretty sure the RS wasn't ever officially sold here so it'd make sense there's a shortage of parts if it's the former. Don't see why they couldn't just order them from Renault UK and be there in a few days though. A few weeks seems ridiculous.

MrManBuz":26sdfbwk said:
dutchgold92":26sdfbwk said:

I'm in Meath, how about yourself?

Are they trying to source the parts in Ireland or they can't find them anywhere? I'm pretty sure the RS wasn't ever officially sold here so it'd make sense there's a shortage of parts if it's the former. Don't see why they couldn't just order them from Renault UK and be there in a few days though. A few weeks seems ridiculous.

West Dublin!
Yeah I can understand not being about to get local parts from Renault, but they said Renault can't get an answer from France. Not sure if they tried UK.

FINALLY got the car home! Loving it so far and more importantly the missus came round :lol:

Need the front RS badge. Is it the same part as the rear?