Twingo 2 GT Tce 1.2

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey lemmens

Reaction score
Hello,

Is there someone who could help me with tuning my GT?
The only thing i changed is the filter, i bought a K&N panel filter. My goal is to reach 140 pk. Iv'e been reading alot on the forums but i'm having a hard time finding out what steps i need to take first. I hope someone in here can guide me in tuning my GT.

Greets

Exhaust system, intercooler upgrade, clio 182 injectors and remap! In that order too I think ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reaction!
What exhaust system would you advice me?
Won't i blow up my turbo with a intercooler?

Lots of different exhaust systems out there for them I believe, you can go cat back or swap the manifold out too. K-Tec and kam racing are a couple to look at.

You’ll be fine with a bigger intercooler, will need the map to accommodate the more air being thrown through the turbo though

Complete system is ideal really, not sure what power can be made on standard

For for decent power gains for a GT you'll need an exhaust, front mount intercooler, 182/225 injectors, remap, larger fuel pump, intake, de-cat or 200 cell cat. You will need a clutch at that power though. That'll get you around the 140bhp mark.

That'll cost around £800 for all the above for off the shelf parts

The turbo runs out of puff at 150bhp so anything higher you'll need a larger turbo however the internals aren't capable of anything above 160bhp unless you were to go forged top end but for conrods and pistons you'll be looking at £1000+.

Have a look at these topics if you're interested in some tce's that have had some power upgrades

Modified GT's":1fnmwldw said:

Thanks for the respond Dubz,

I'm having a hard time finding the right parts, could you help me? What steps do i have to take first? which exhaust and intercooler?
I would really appreciate it if you could help me collect the right parts and tell me what steps to take to get around 140 bhp

Checked out those links and that is one hell of a GT, probz to the owner.

Grtz

Exhaust wise the Ktec exhaust is pretty good for the GT, however any exhaust shop will be able to help you out and you could customise the sound you want to some extent. I'd recommend going a bigger diameter to help the exhaust gasses flow out better.

Sadly there's nothing of the shelf intercooler wise you'll have to buy a universal one or email ktec and see if they'll do a replacement for the original intercooler but with a thicker core.

Personally I made my own induction kit as i found the stock airbox pretty crappy even with a panel filter in it.

Order wise I'd go
1. induction kit
2. exhaust + sportscat/decat
3. Front mount intercooler
4. Remap but ask them to put in the larger injectors as the car will not run if you install them beforehand or afterwards.
5. Clutch when the standard one starts to slip.

You didn't mention extra boost.

At what point is that added :) And how much?

Is the boost on these engines controlled by the ECU or by mechanical means that require spannering to adjust?