Fitting a ktec manifold

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msjm6747

Reaction score
hey guys just wondered if anyone has fitted a ktec manifold to an rs themselves, i got quoted 210 quid because its apparently a 5hour job :/
any help would be much apreciated :)

What a search button can do ;)

singlespeed":20o7ahem said:
New K-tec Racing engine back exhaust system with 4-1 manifold and 200 cell sports cat
Fitting was a bit of a pain, but purely because getting the original manifold out is a tight fit. Needing the right hand drive shaft and lower engine mounting to be removed, before swinging the bottom of the engine forwards a bit, to get the old manifold and cat out past the subfame.

Original Renault 4-1 manifold complete with cat

I extended both the Lambda cables by chopping them near the connectors and adding in wire to reach the new position, using some Adhesive lined heatshrink crimps to get a reliable water proof joint.

KTR 4-1 manifold
8333373879_63c0d79035_c_d.jpg

Pre-cat lambda sensor now on the outlet from the manifold
8334438402_b045556969_c_d.jpg

K-tec sports cat front pipe and center box
8342069148_b96bcd1975_c_d.jpg

Clamped on tail pipe with slash cut could be easily changed
8334429516_f40062180d_c_d.jpg

Position in the cutout is perfect
8334426772_b49ac1d222_c_d.jpg

The new K-tec system manifold was designed to be a direct swap for the original manifold/cat and, the new system was designed to go on the new manifold or onto the original. This would allow for doing it in two stages. Hence, options for a decat front pipe or 200cell sports cat front pipe. Theres a large center silensor box to quieten it down a bit, as without it, it was too loud as a full sports cat system

Supersprint catback exhaust
[youtube]tTmpcFSfa04[/youtube]

New K-tec manifold and sports cat exhaust system
[youtube]a6N84cZXQGE[/youtube]

For the wire extensions, had some bits in the garage so used them. I just used 4 lengths of cable and threaded them into some pvc tube so its similar to the original style of wiring. Adding some heatshrink onto the end where the extension meets the original.

As already mentioned, I used adhesive crimps to do the extension but you could probably solder the joints and then sleeve each one with a bit of heatshrink before threading them into the conduit.

Without a pit or getting the car up on a lift, removing the original manifold would be difficult and probaby very tiring for your arms (its not light and I wouldn't like to drop it on my face). Its probably possible to swap it out at home, but I certainly wouldn't fancy laying down and trying it in my drive with a pair of stands. Theres also the drive shaft to remove, so topping up the gearbox afterwards ate up up some time

MovingShadow":372349sl said:
It took Singlespeed (Neil) about 5 hours.
I only extended the Lambda cables. The swearing was done by Alex who originaly expected 2-3 hours

Fiting Ktec exhaust manifold to non-UK Twingo RS is much harder than fiting it to UK car, since exhaust pipe from cylinder nr.1 is almost touching heat shield by ABS unite (there is less than 5mm space between exhaust manifold and ABS unite). Getting standard manifold out si very difficult.

mloncar":267p1ju8 said:
Fiting Ktec exhaust manifold to non-UK Twingo RS is much harder than fiting it to UK car, since exhaust pipe from cylinder nr.1 is almost touching heat shield by ABS unite (there is less than 5mm space between exhaust manifold and ABS unite). Getting standard manifold out si very difficult.
Matthias mentioned a Slovenian friend, having the KTR manifold being very close to the ABS unit on a left hand drive car. I guess this was you?

there's a bracket that's stabilizes the manifold but can t seem to figure out where it goes on the block and manifold