Twingo 133 Mis Fire when hot

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIQR32

Reaction score
Evening,

I am hoping that someone can advise me on what may be wrong with my car as I have spent a lot on it recently and it still has problems

its a 2009 plate with 46,000 miles,

recent work done is, Cam Belt, dephaser, water pump, aux belt, service, oil feed un blocked, new discs and pads and tyres.

Now when the car gets warm it mis fires on low revs, you can clear the mis fire by revving it or driving hard, but then when idling it comes back.

I have tried new non genuine coil packs, but that made no difference, so I am thinking either:

Genuine coil packs or its a spark plug issue.

I am swaying more towards the plugs as if it was electrical surely it would happen all the time, not just when hot.

anyone had this before or know what it could be?

I have spent a lot on the car and am at the point of letting we buy any car have it

Thank You

Mark

Could well be spark plugs there cheap enough and easy to fit I'd change them first, also have you had a look to see if your cars suffers the scuttle leak at this water drips down the coils and plugs

Sounds like sparks or coil pack but if you’ve changed the coil it should be alright

Mine is doing exactly the same thing at the moment. It has happened before and was plugs so I hope it's the same this time. I'm only on 44000 miles and have already had 1 replacement CAT which was done under warranty. I can't afford to replace it again at the moment!!! :-(

Wow new cat at that mileage bet that's not cheap out of warranty most of the costs will be in labour trying to get the darn thing out.