F4RT Powered Alien

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I’ve got pin out data and all the loom information and it’s just a few differences in what pin does what really. Hopefully it’ll stay on twingo software just remove VVT (warning light purposes), possibly cam sensor if possible for the same reason and then maybe new map sensor and the map itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DylanRenSport":3hxdo7n9 said:
Really excited to see how this works out! This is part of my dream specced twingo.

I’m just as excited as anyone else! Wanted to build one of these for my first car, but obviously money/insurance and other things stopped me. Always wanted one and lucky enough now to be able to. Should be able to help others with advice etc to build one themselves too if needed.

It sure already looks the part in AG and all... is there a speclist anywhere? With already installed mods and a "wishlist"? Really curious what the plans are.

Also, if possible, I would be interested in the costs involved as this will just be pure sex haha

I haven’t done a spec list as such just yet, but I’ve kept track of all the things I’ve bought for it and upgrade parts too. Unfortunately I didn’t get the LSD gearbox so that’s definitely in the plans for the future too, along with a forged engine possibly.

Costs so far are around the 3k/4k mark for parts alone, not to mention the hundreds of hours of my time! Been a pleasure and a nightmare to do this project though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done a bit of work this evening, took the rear arch extension bits off as they were hanging off anyway. Had to clean all the tape off, this took a while! Really not sure why the person before put it on and didn’t do it properly.

4b3191a38cfbbf18fa92ffd0f8487d2d.jpg

So I double sided taped them back on properly along with clips to hold them in place, realised I didn’t actually have the rear crash bar on the car. This also is for the bumper to screw into.

Managed to get one second hand, fitted this on and then screwed the bumper all on now. So rear end is all finished, bar the exhaust tip!

30a056076b836d3ee56d04ed5a069539.jpg

Car needs a really good clean and mop as it’s still covered in dust and overspray. But the colour match seems good from what I can see. Hopefully get some more work done during the evenings this week and then finish the exhaust off over the weekend.

The tape is from the factory, mine has it too. Without it the fender will have gaps and will come off at high speeds when the air grabs it.

Forza":1je1020m said:
The tape is from the factory, mine has it too. Without it the fender will have gaps and will come off at high speeds when the air grabs it.

I’m aware of this, but considering it had a respray I doubt that’s the tape from the factory haha

Exhaust is all finished now, it’s 2.75” turbo back with one silencer in the middle of the system.

277df60242b5e5cc1a49dd5fa720c612.jpg

(This picture was mid way through making it!)

Miller":ll3z24xu said:
Nice, looking good. This project is so exciting looking forward to seeing it all finished.

You and me both! Should be at French Car Show with it next year, maybe a magazine feature possibly.

6e71f548cfc5bdc464c9949223f60aa9.jpg

Just a picture! Absolutely love this colour! Spent some time lining up the front end panels, wings, headlights and bumper.

Dave_133":o7ij8yhl said:
Miller":o7ij8yhl said:
Nice, looking good. This project is so exciting looking forward to seeing it all finished.

You and me both! Should be at French Car Show with it next year, maybe a magazine feature possibly.

I can have a word with Russ once it's finished if you like.

Lukeypoodle":vb75sx0k said:
Dave_133":vb75sx0k said:
Miller":vb75sx0k said:

I can have a word with Russ once it's finished if you like.

Yeah that’d be good mate, keep watch on here for when it’s done. Even after it’s up and running right I’ve got plans for it still

Twingo ft. some guttering and a broke air feed pipe!

346cb0edd4b76821e449c47ec59c8b22.jpg

Used some pipe for the cold air feed, attached with fibreglass to the fog light surround.

4690e5a036e0dce9810aee37639043d7.jpg

(Pic mid progress)

Painted the fog light surrounds black, but not sure how I feel about the look of them so may change colour at some stage.

After speaking with Chris @EFI, he said he’d be more comfortable if it had a fuel pressure regulator in the bay. So I’ve ordered one and should get it installed over the next week or so. Then hopefully get it booked in to start mapping.

f269192c47fa33f0305544cf9a89844e.jpg

Worlds quickest delivery goes to JJC! Think I’ve got it all planned out how to install. Have to add return to tank/sender unit too. Hopefully if all other parts arrive I can get it done this weekend.

Forza":85wn6xzp said:
What gearbox are you using and what changes have been done to the subframe?

Standard 225 gearbox, custom driveshafts. Subframe has been cut then patches welded back in to allow the engine/box to fit as its wider. Also cut at back of subframe to allow exhaust pipe to fit.