Problem with my RS

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no750

Reaction score
Helloo

I'm new to this forum and was hoping someone could help me with this issue I'm having.
So I recently bought my Twingo, after driving it home from the dealership +- 50 KM's without any issues.
After that I picked up a friend to show my new car, first time I did a 0-100 sprint still without any problems, then when I returned to normal speed it looked like it held back on some power, when accelarating it makes a deeper slightly growling sound but doesn't built RPM then when I floor the pedal it drives like normal.
At first it sort of seemed like a slipping clutch but then later it also occured when steady driving 30km's in 2nd, this deeper growling sound but no accelerating.
Then I tought it was the fuel pressure controller (Don't know the right name for it in english) on the fuel pump as this happens with the K4M engine in a Scenic sometimes when low on gas, so I filled up but the problem remained.

The Clip computer also doesn't give me any information, no fault codes or anything.

It's still fine to drive when driving on the highway at higher RPMs I have no isseus, mostly in the city and traffic lights.

I also have some sort of rattle in the top end of the engine, this is probaly the dephaser or maybe the pulley but I don't think this causes the problem because I have no starting problems and most of the times it drives like it should.

If anyone has an idea, help is appreciated ! :D

I hope I explained it correctly, english is not my native language.

Hi there, sorry but this forum is very quiet - pop onto Facebook and join the Renault Twingo Owners Club - it's a very busy and active group. Your issue could be a dirty/sticking throttle body or maybe an intermittent ignition / coilpack issue. Remove the air filter housing and pipes and you'll see the throttle body - spray some cleaner in there or take it off completely for a good soak - let us know?

Thanks, will look for the facebook.
I already had cleaned the tb + intake, last week I changed the oil and did an engine flush + sparkplugs and the problem seems to be gone.
However I also noticed that the car shifts kind of rough, especially in 5th gear already changed the gearbox oil which was clean so I'm guessing that the sychronisation rings (IDK what it's called in english) are messed up so that will be an expensive repair soon..

The shift isn't particularly good on any RS to be honest. Could be clutch wear though - not disengaging properly - are you pushing the clutch pedal all the way to the floor when changing gear? This makes a big difference.

When you changed the gearbox oil you should’ve checked for any filings. Would’ve let you know if any synchros are wearing. I’ve got an RS gearbox for sale here in the UK, can’t guarantee condition as it was in the boot of a car I bought. Repairs of gearboxes don’t cost that much really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk