Newbie (sort Of) on here as MIQ

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIQR32

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I have joined this forum before, but my old username and password DO NOT WORK, and the re-set does nothing.

I previousy ran a Twingo GT as my daily, but fancied a Clio 197 cup, which I bought and did not like at all, So I sold it and picked up a Twingo 133, in blue it has 46,000 miles and I love it.

I do have a question, I have booked it in (as I do with all cars I buy privately for piece of mind) for a Service, Spark Plugs, Cam Belt and Dephaser and have a price that seems alot.

what have you / would you expect to pay for this work

Thank You

Mark

I am not expert with these cars, I have owned other renaults in the past I had

Renault 5 GT Turbo
Clio Williams
Clio Trophy 182 (number 255)
Twingo GT x 2
Clio 197 Cup

however I have owned more VW's (Currently have a Mk4 R32 and a Mk5)

Morning Miller

Thank you for reply, I have been quoted £697, for all of the above so that makes me feel better,

its a local garage that races renaults so knows alot about them.

I have also got a few more quotes and the dephaser and belt were coming in at £650.00 so I am happy with that.

another question, I feel it needs the belt and dephaser as the car only did 600 miles last year and is now lumpy on tick over and misfires slightly only when ticking over - and I have read that the dephaser is oil fed and needs regular use (much like cam chain on a VR6 engine)

does this sound correct ?

Is SJM still open?

If your going to the hassle of doing the belts, would be crazy not to do the pulley and the water pump at the same time.

Yes and no, he still takes on the odd job but he isn't open to the public any more.

Dan's been my best mate for 12 years so I can usually twist his arm.

If you're an existing customer you can always ask and he might say yes! Contactable via [email protected]

You've probably seen my green ph1 172 on itbs knocking about if you've been to sjm!