HELP! My twingo 133 looks like dying

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rikiflatout

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this isn't the right section for this topic, but i will try to explain with my english :mrgreen:

I've got a 2009 twingo 133, about 60 000 km.
Full stock, only bmc panel filter.

I changed the clutch recently, but when i took the car it wasn't working well.
The car effort to start, but only when the engine is cold, when it's hot it doesn't even start, with cables and another battery she start.
When the car is on, after 2-3 minutes of use, the minimum doesn't keep the car on, when it goes down to 1000 rpm, the car turns off.
Bad metallic sound with opened hood.
Bad loud sound from the exhaust when i go full throttle, like i have a new exhaust.
Looks like the car now has 70 hp.
Changed the battery.
Tried with a bigger battery.
Phase variator sensor changed (brand new from renault, 130€).
My mechanic found some emery, merlin, little particles of metal on this sensor, and he thinks there is something broken consuming metal in the engine.
He also said that is needed to open the engine, and wash with acid to leave the particles, but we still don't know where these particles are from.

I'm quite scared, hope someone had this problem solved, i'm afraid i need another engine :cry:

rikiflatout":1og04cxr said:
I'm sorry if this isn't the right section for this topic, but i will try to explain with my english :mrgreen:

I've got a 2009 twingo 133, about 60 000 km.
Full stock, only bmc panel filter.

I changed the clutch recently, but when i took the car it wasn't working well.
The car effort to start, but only when the engine is cold, when it's hot it doesn't even start, with cables and another battery she start.
When the car is on, after 2-3 minutes of use, the minimum doesn't keep the car on, when it goes down to 1000 rpm, the car turns off.
Bad metallic sound with opened hood.
Bad loud sound from the exhaust when i go full throttle, like i have a new exhaust.
Looks like the car now has 70 hp.
Changed the battery.
Tried with a bigger battery.
Phase variator sensor changed (brand new from renault, 130€).
My mechanic found some emery, merlin, little particles of metal on this sensor, and he thinks there is something broken consuming metal in the engine.
He also said that is needed to open the engine, and wash with acid to leave the particles, but we still don't know where these particles are from.

I'm quite scared, hope someone had this problem solved, i'm afraid i need another engine :cry:
Sounds like someone’s been red lining it and broken bits of the internals. My twingo has an issue with idle, I fixed mine by changing the recirculating valve but yours sounds different. Have you had the engine apart and had a look at the pistons, cams e.t.c
Any slight pieces of metal that have shard of inside the block will cause pretty bad damage but you would be able to see scratch marks or whatever. Check the ignition chambers and see if my of the walls have scratches on