Hello, i dont own a twingo but...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimsport

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Matt. I found this forum searching for information about the K4M engine and renaults body control systems. I've not actually got a twingo 133 but i do really like them!

The reason I've signed up is because i have a 1986 Volvo 340 that uses a Renault C3J engine from the factory and im wanting to put a K4M in it. The biggest problem im having is how to run standard management without the body control. I'm big into engine management systems, done a lot of remapping on the F9Q tdi engines and various other old school petrols.

Another reason I've decided to join up and post is that I'll be looking to upgrade the k4m once its in and what better place to start than the best K4M production car owners forum. The remapping i do of the standard systems might be of interest to you lot? This forum, from my breif searches seems quite technically minded so hopefully I'll fit in.

Would it be against forum rules for me to post a project thread?

Cheers,
Matt

I’m not sure how many, if any admins are still on here to be fair. But I’m sure they wouldn’t mind as it’s all to do with development of the K4M and people will find the information useful.

I think the best option for your conversion would probably be to use a standalone ECU for the engine and keep your standard body control module for everything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers, Yeah that was my thinking if it's all going to be a mutual benefit!

I'm hoping to use the standard ECU as that's half the project for me, I'm as much interested in ECUs etc. as I am in building a good car. The standard electrics in the Volvo were dated when they were made, replacing the fusebox was on my list of things to do anyway so using the renault protection and switching module might not be too bad.

I was originally going to use a K4J to keep it 1.4 but my other car's a 1989 Volvo 740 with a 2.3 turbo engine and even though i love the 340, i'm starting to miss the power. K4M seems like it might be good for a turbo conversion too. I'll start a progress thread so i don't spam up this section getting too into it all.

Any local people? I'm in Durham

Welcome mate, as far as I’m aware this forum has kinda died a death. On Facebook search for renault Twingo owners club. It’s a lot more active and there is a guy on there who has turbo’d a twingo 133 so he may be of interest to you. Come over and say hi :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk