Water ingress - passenger front footwell

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockyroo789

Reaction score
Hi, we discovered we've got water coming into the front footwell on the passenger side, not sure how long this has been going on but the foam under the carpet was sodden. I don't think it's sunroof related, as no dampness on the roof lining, and the door seal doesn't show any sign of water inside/underneath.

Can anyone advise where the drains are exactly under the scuttle and how to remove the scuttle panel itself please?

Any other suggestions much appreciated, thanks!

Have you check the water - smell etc. I say this as the usual thing you worry about first when water is in the footwell is that the heater matrix is gone.

Windscreen could be leaking as well as another option.

Thanks, I had checked the coolant level and that it still fine, I tried the heater today and it's blowing warm. The water is crystal clear and doesn't smell, so it doesn't appear to be the heater matrix.

I'm going to use my feet to squeeze the water out of the rubberised pad that goes up towards the underside of the dash, as this seems to be fixed in, or am i wrong to presume this?

Any more advice gratefully received!

Not taken all the front out on a Twingo before but usually it's carpet and the rubber underneath which should pull off but there is still likely to be clips.

I would hazard next up is the windscreen fitted badly or as you said previous scuttle leak. Maybe it's time to get the hosepipe out to localise where it's coming from.

Somewhere on here you can download the Renault workshop manual for Twingo. Do a search you should find it.

Had this issue in mine, turns out to be the a/c drainage was full and overflowing, still yet to fix the issue but since not using my a/c the footwell has dried

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion about the air con drainage, now the weather is crap i'll see if no air con makes a difference.