Reverse gear has gone! Help!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rallyepete

Reaction score
Hi All,

My gearbox has been playing silly buggers over the last two days. Currently I have no reverse gear. If I move the shifter into reverse, I get the beep from the reversing sensors but the gearbox will not engage. Also, 1st, 3rd and 5th gears are stiff but useable but 2nd and 4th feel 'rubbery' and the gearstick throw feels too long (it also feels 'short' when moving to 1/3/5). I'm being very gentle with gearshifts and it's ok for the moment.

Prior to this week, it has been fine although there was the odd time over the last two weeks when the box needed a slight wiggle between gears. No odd noises or signs of an oil leak.

Is this a simple bushing change or something bloody expensive?
Many thanks

Check bushes coz that makes for a dodgy shift and definitely get some new gear oil in there if there's any in to begin with I urge all owners to do the gear oil after changeing mine

Cheers
That confirms what my local independent said about the bushes. Cars booked in next week so I'll get the oil changed as well.

I’d check the old oil for any metal filings, will let you know whether any gears/synchros are gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk