Picking up a 133 Project tomorrow

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barki

Reaction score
Hello all, :mrgreen: :twisted:

I left a deposit yesterday on this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322537740458 133.

I've come from all sorts of other performance cars....at the moment I've still got an ER3 Type R, but most of my history is the typical bunch of Turbo or High-Rev jap cars.

Anyway - I'll be honest, the 133 I'm getting is a total sh!tbox....much worse than it looks in the advert. On the bright side, I *think* it's just about suitably cheap enough to recover it's former glory without spending more than a decent one would cost anyway - it's risky though.....

Here are the issues & my plans;

- No service history (I'm filling out the DVLA discover history form to see if I can detective my way to some service history....can't believe that it's first owner didn't service it at least!)

- Everything that could possibly be removed for rattle-can spraying has been sprayed black...without primer by the looks...all flaking off. I'll be doing this all again, properly, the OEM colour.

- OSF tyre scrubbed bald on inner edge, other three tyres all mix&match cheapies. One has lost pressure. I'm going to replace all four with a matching set of something midrange like Toyo's.....after I've refurbed the wheels.

- Lowered suspension, not my taste. If anyone wants a set of yellow spax (I think) Springs, then you're welcome to come to my house, and we'll swap mine for yours in my garage for, say, £50.

- Exhaust,...it has some kind of performance exhaust, I think it's the backbox only, not to my taste. If anyone wants this, your welcome to swap for mine in my garage for £20.

- Wind deflectors - i'll be removing these to sell very cheap.

- Interior is just disgustingly dirty, i'll be removing the seats for a wet vac of the whole interior, and i'll scrub and carefully pressure wash (yes) the seats on the driveway.

- I'll service itm plugs n everything.Just probably needs it.

- Only has one, scruffy, key. I've ordered a new body for it from Ebay, but would like a second key. Does anyone know if I ordered one of these units https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262942296051?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT(with the circuit board inside), could I code it myself using these instruction....? - https://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Renault-Key-Keyfob-Programming-Reprogramming-/10000000007277370/g.html

- There is some patches of laquer peel on the bodykit...side skirts.,....need to investigate closr before I decide with how to deal with that.

- Steering wheel is a total mess, can anybody recommend the best play to economically replace it? I can see that places like KTR do retrimmed ones for £250+......does anyone know how much just an OEM copy replacement is?

- Engine noise....It sounded ok when I visited...but of course I don't know if the cambelt has ever been done (probably not)....and neither for the dephaser. I realise that I'll probably need to get this done....this is beyond my DIY capability so i'll have to pay a wedge at a garage.

Finally - Does anyone know how I can tell if it's a Cup chassis model or not? It has the 17" wheels. I had a look for coloured bands on the rear shocks, but they are so dirty I couldn't see any markings. Rear bench is split into two seats.

Cheers all, :)

P.S - I'm in the Norwich area / East Anglia

Tom

Looking forward to maybe meeting some of you at some local meets - I used to go to French Car Show back when I had a 172Cup but it's been 7 or 8 years.

I think the key you'll need to pay someone to code it to the car, although you can just buy the case and swap the board over inside and does the same job but much cheaper. Key coding is about 70£ a key I think.

Think there's a place called royal steering wheels that does a good job of retrimming them.

Best way to check for cup is the stickers on the suspension, although with 17" it may have the cup suspension already. Maybe they have just changed the wheels though.

Im also in Norwich area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On mine Its only a small purple sticker on the rear springs.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk