Italian Rs 133 phase 2

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauldesign

Reaction score
Hello to all,
I live in a small town near Milan, and 1th April I bought a Twingo RS.
In Italy there are very few TRS so I found mine in Genoa, about two hundred kilometers away.
The car is in great conditions, fully stock and with 25000 km on the clock. I'd like to do some minor improvements but it depends on the money :)

This is the first pic I took on the way home:
twingo133_01.jpg

Unfortunately my OEM wheels needed a refurbishing and the tyres were worn, so I looked for something different.
After a while, I found these 16" OZ superleggera with old winter tyres for only 250 euros and I collected them!

twingo133_02.jpg

I really love these wheels, I had them fitted on my old Mini R53...

MINI09c.jpg

In this size OZ superleggeras weight only 6,5kg each, I read that OEM wheels are about 11,5kg.
I hope this big gap can become a great upgrade in driving feelings.
I would like to install Michelin PS3 with these wheels but french tyres are really expensive, so I looked for a cheaper option.
In a boring and raining Sunday, I found an ad on Web for some "Pzero Nero" like new that I payed 150 euros.
The size of these tyres is 195/45 R16 and the only I can fit instead of 195/40 R17. Here in Italy, the law is very annoying. :cry:

In this pic, I was coming back from the tyre shop with Pzeros on the "new" wheels, the winter tyres have been thrown away.

twingo133_03.jpg

I was very doubtful if changing or not the colour of the wheels, at the end I decided to paint them in black with plastidip.

twingo133_04.jpg

twingo133_05.jpg

I'll post some pics of Twingo with new shoes soon ;)

Wow a great buy on the wheels. Well done should look great in black. Will look forward to the pics once fitted. May make me change my mind on my wheels.

Ciao e benvenuto
Segui anche Twingo2.it su Facebook

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I did a cheap but effective upgrade. I change the brakes line with Hel components and changed the fluid with Motul RBF660.

I also decided to paint the caliper, I chose silver colour for an OEM look.

Here some pictures:

twingo133_07.jpg

twingo133_06.jpg

twingo133_08.jpg

twingo133_09.jpg

The rear hoses fitted:
twingo133_010.jpg

Before:
twingo133_011.jpg

After:
twingo133_012.jpg

Nice work, I like the OEM look you've gone for. How much of a difference has the new brake lines and fluid change made?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Dave, not a great difference really because I haven't yet take part in a track day, I'm sure that after some laps on track, the difference between stock parts and these can be remarkable.

At the moment, I can tell you that the brake pedal is firm and the feeling never changes after some hard brakings

Yes I'm sure the difference with be noticed on track, your brakes won't fade out on you. And the Motul has a higher boiling point if I'm correct. Lovely car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I had the time to do another little upgrade: Samco Intake Kit (resonator delete) :mrgreen:
I have waited this kit for about 5 weeks from my dealer... :roll:

I started from this:

_MG_0993.jpg

I had to remove the front wheel to take the resonator off:

_MG_0999.jpg

Samco hoses and the OEM ones:

_MG_0994.jpg

The resonator:

_MG_0996.jpg

The lower hose:

_MG_1001.jpg

Final result:

_MG_1004.jpg

_MG_1005.jpg

_MG_1006.jpg

I'm very happy for the way the hoses look in the engine bay and for the intake sound. It's really pleasant!

Really like this! Does it effect the cars rev range in any way?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

ashleysteven":3msc1c2l said:
Really like this! Does it effect the cars rev range in any way?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I noticed that the engine run better over 4000 rpm, just a little;
I like very much the intake sound too. It grows with the revs and no longer sounds like a vacuum cleaner :?