Battery relocation help

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broomie699

Reaction score
Hi, I'm planning on moving my battery to the boot of my twingo gt.
I've done a bit of research as not to fantastic with wires.
I have purchased so far
4m of 16mm 110amp red cable
1m of 16mm 110amp black cable.
Fabricated own tray.

I've heard things about having circuit breaker (fuse) in case the wires touch metal. Has anyone else done this and what circuit breaker do I need I presume one for 110amp?

I'm a little stuck on relocating to. I have 2 red cables joining the battery attached to a plate. One is for the starter motor and other is just general wire. Would I be able to buy a 2 in 1 out terminal for this???? Please let me know if you know what other bits I need

Regards George

the two main cables are for the starter motor and alternator. If you route the cable properly and they are well insulated then you should be fine.
3a179fd14b10557a5fce39a8dadc1963.png

I was going to use one of these boxes for my setup to join all the lives together. Make sure you still get a live to fuse box etc

Can I ask why you're relocating the battery?

Dave_133":2goz4uzf said:
the two main cables are for the starter motor and alternator. If you route the cable properly and they are well insulated then you should be fine.
3a179fd14b10557a5fce39a8dadc1963.png

I was going to use one of these boxes for my setup to join all the lives together. Make sure you still get a live to fuse box etc

Can I ask why you're relocating the battery?

Relocating battery because engine bay is pretty small and planning to put my air intake where the battery is currently as it's getting warm from the engine. And the weight distrubution

Look like they should do the job, you can also get a kill switch if you want for extra security.

Let me know how you get on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave_133":1pntfjqm said:
Look like they should do the job, you can also get a kill switch if you want for extra security.

Let me know how you get on

An in cockpit kill switch?

Dave_133":hgsn3crt said:
Did you manage to get this done?

@Dave_133 : won't that clear the ECU and its error codes if you keep on disconnecting the battery (via kill switch - or have I misunderstood the concept of the killswitch)?

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Sorry if it wasn’t clear, the switch would be to cut off ignition parts. ie fuel pump etc, if you cut all lives to the car you wouldn’t even be able to unlock it with central locking.