Flat spot at 3k rpm

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleysteven

Reaction score
I need some help to figure out why my car has a flat spot at 3000 rpm. Not really noticeable in lower gears it just feels like abit of torque is lost, but in 5th gear accelerating the car hesitates and judders for a second then accelerates fine after 3000rpm.

Common problem mate only thing you could do is get it remapped, the twingo s don't have much torque below 3000rpm just make better use of the gearbox

Yep it's always had that small flat spot iv got 58 plate but forgot it's there now tho but a remap would sort it out

I'm 50/50 with it at the moment, a smooth power delivery would be good but I barely ever notice it so i might just leave it.

Flat spot on mine with the occasional time when it cuts out completely if I use too much throttle when it's cold. Car's not built to do much under 3k though, if you've got the RS monitor it's constantly telling you to change down to have it revving well over 4k, think it suggests you drop it to 2nd whenever you're below about 57mph and hold third well up to 'motorway crusing speeds'.

Update on the flat spot, recently had the car serviced and I think it has removed the flat spot or dampened it, accelerating in 5th at 2500rpm to 3500 rpm is smooth now

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Glad it's sorted. I've been lucky and not had any flatspot issues (aside from when I fitted a cheap MAP sensor, now binned).

That said I periodically replace the plugs (£28 or so), I picked up some spare OEM coil packs cheap from eBay just in case, I clean the throttle body every now and again and I change the oil every 4k miles or so. Aside from some rust around coil pack 1 (water ingress from the badly designed scuttle panel, now sealed with silicone) it's all good under the hood...

Tempted to fit an induction kit and remove the centre silencer but worried that flat spots will occur as a result...

I have cancelled out the resonator box before and all it created was less power in the lows revs around 2k rpm, not good for parking.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk